Strategic Account Manager, Coffee Trader
30+ days ago
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability, and any other protected group.
The Strategic Account Manager Coffee Trader is responsible for managing key global coffee trader relationships that are core to advancing our mission impact in the coffee sector. In this capacity the individual is responsible for developing account strategy in line with sector plans to facilitate advancement of these plans. The individual is also responsible for positioning Rainforest Alliance as a sustainability partner adding value to the sustainability ambitions of these organizations, to be able to leverage opportunities for advancing impact.
- Build and implement a trader strategy that helps advance the key priorities for coffee and for our work with global trade as relevant;
- Build specific account strategy and plans for key trader relationships to maximize opportunity for growth and impact;
- Manage relationships with these partners;
- Regularly meeting with corporate partner contacts, from executive to specialist departments, to review progress against commitments, investigate opportunities for further collaboration and proactively address sector and supply chain risks;
- Collaborate with other units in Markets Transformation and departments as needed to understand developments in the sectors, market innovations, key markets and best practices across regions, to provide account partner with up to date opportunities and to position Rainforest Alliance as a key leader in the sustainability sector;
- Build a strong relationship with the relevant stakeholders within the key global traders to be abreast of the client’s sustainability strategy and any opportunities this strategy provides;
- Work closely with the Strategic Cocoa Trader Account Manager to oversee the range of initiatives Rainforest Alliance implements with the key global traders;
- Share account strategy and information with other units in Markets Transformation, as well as other touchpoints internally; and
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Business Economics or related;
- 7+ years of experience in corporates in supply chain or sustainability or equivalent experience in managing large volume key accounts in the sector in question;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with a commodity trader within trading, data and analytics or sustainability departments, or as a commodity trader at a global manufacturer or brand;
- Strategic and analytical thinker;
- Strong relationship management skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Willingness ability to travel up to 20% of time.
Job Level: level 3
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: January 13, 2022
Notes: Only candidates authorized to work in the locations in which we are registered will be considered.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org