Human Resources Advisor, USA
30+ days ago
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability, and any other protected group.
The purpose of the HR Advisor role is to provide people-centric HR solutions and advice on HR policies and procedures, managing employee relations cases, and providing HR consultancy/generalist support to the business.
The HR Advisor is responsible for supporting aspects of the employment cycle in the US region as well as with the Senior Manager, People Shared Services
In addition to their daily duties, the HR Advisor will act as an intermediary between departments and the HR team while also being the first point of contact for employees and operational managers in US locations.
- The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate
- To act as a trusted and expert advisor to (operational) management on a range of people related topics and HR practices in the US
- To provide effective and timely support and guidance to management on people management practices, adhering to local employment law and maintaining best practice, and ensuring that people managers are empowered with the right tools and HR knowledge to run their day-to-day business
- To manage the day to day generalist HR activities relating to the employee life cycle – including: employee relations, engagement, separation onboarding, and performance management
- To ensure the effective implementation and execution of all Global and US HR policies, procedures and initiatives, with a focus on fairness and consistency, and contribute to the design, update and improvement of HR policies and initiatives
- To manage the local talent processes, in close collaboration with Talent Acquisition, ensuring RA hires the right talent and that our internal talents are being developed for future roles
- To work closely with peers in HR Services to drive an exceptional employee experience and excellence in our transactional services
- To drive change management initiatives driven by HR that impact the business and ensure appropriate communication and engagement plans with the business
- Act as the single point of contact for employees and operational managers providing quick, accurate and consistent advice. Including, and not limited to: recruitment and position management, guidance on company policies and annual processes
- Provide HR support and guidance/advice to people managers on all employment related matters ensuring consistency in approach
- Responsible for working in close collaboration with the peers in HR People Service Center to ensure all employment updates and changes across are provided to the HR People Service Center for processing in an accurate and timely manner
- Manage immigration and relocation services as required
- Work with the Senior HR Business Partners to support HR activities and initiatives
- Manages and resolves employee relations issues escalating to Sr. HRBPs as necessary or when handling more complex cases
- Support the Senior HRBPs on all annual/cyclical activities such as performance reviews and calibration, mid-year reviews, compensation and promotions process
- Seek to identify areas for potential improvement including systems, policies and processes and bring these to the attention of the Senior Manager, People Services with a plan of action
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and duties
- Bachelor’s degree is a must, preferably or in combination of experience and education
- Experience of advising on complex employee relations topics
- Experience of supporting HR activities across multiple locations or countries, including ability to build relationships and influence remotely and effectively
- Ability to interpret policies, research local legal requirements and provide solutions
- 5 years minimum proven work experience in HR, preferably generalist experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and familiarity with HRIS systems or the ability to pick up internal HR systems quickly.
- Sound judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Customer focused approach with a high level of professionalism, discretion and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- High level of attention to detail with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A proactive self-starter who has the ability to present solutions and identify areas for operational efficiencies.
- Spanish language skills desired
Commensurate with experience.
Jove Level: 3A
Deadline: February 17, 2023
Location: East Coast: New York, Vermont or Washington DC.
Only candidates authorized to work in The United States will be considered
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org