People Project Manager
5 days ago
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
The Rainforest Alliance are looking to bring in an experienced innovative People Project Manager to join the Organizational Effectiveness Centre of Expertise (CoE) within the global People department. This is a new and exciting role which will help further the ambitions of the Rainforest Alliance as we embark on our aspirational 2023-2030 strategy.
The Project Manager will be responsible for developing delivering strategic People solutions that deliver value throughout the organization, from organization design, workforce planning, through to HRIS evolution. Partnering closely with People Business Partners (PBPs) to understand needs, test and validate before deploying solutions through the broader Advice Operations team.
To be successful in this role, deep knowledge of HR processes, best practice, and innovations in the field is essential, alongside solid and proven change and project management capabilities to ensure timely, cost-effective and professional implementation.
The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate;
- End-to-end project management of strategic People projects, including large-scale long-term projects and incremental updates and continuous improvements;
- Partner closely with PBPs throughout iterative project development and ensuring clear alignment on implementation plan (led by People Services);
- Implement People projects framework, establishing monitoring timelines, setting milestones and deliverables, dependencies, issues and risks; and supporting People colleagues to embed project management disciplines in their work, as required;
- Keep abreast of current developments in HR, to inform project design and make recommendations for future projects and improvements;
- Work with People Analyst to develop, monitor and communicate project KPIs; and, make use of available data to help inform on project design;
- Develop change management plans, in partnership with Talent Learning and PBPs, to drive adoption and ensure seamless implementation;
- Facilitate collaboration and feed-back loops across People department and with other key stakeholders, in order to support with ideating, validating, piloting and ensuring user-centricity remains at the forefront of project design.
Bachelor’s in Human Resources Management, or locally recognised HR professional qualification; or equivalent working experience.
- Project and/or change management certification highly desirable.
- Minimum 7-years’ experience as HR Manager/HR BP/HR Project Specialist.
- Significant experience leading HR projects within a complex changing international organization, from design to implementation either as sole role, or within HR function.
- Demonstrable experience of leading change management initiatives.
- Highly adaptable, able to consult for input/feedback, pivot or
- A strong communicator, able to lead and influence without authority.
- Must be pro-active, creative, self-driven and able to work collaboratively.
Job Level: 3A
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: November 30, 2022
Notes: Only candidates authorized to work in India, Africa or UK will be considered.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com