People Data Analyst
9 days ago
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
As the Rainforest Alliance embarks on its aspirational 2023-2030 Strategy, we are seeking a People Data Analyst with ambition to develop our people data capability; using quality analysis and insights to drive organizational value, enhance management capabilities, enhance employee engagement, and contribute to change efforts.
This is a new role in the Rainforest Alliance, working within the Organizational Effectiveness Analytics Centre of Expertise (CoE). Working with colleagues across all Rainforest Alliance global locations, key stakeholders will include Leadership Team, department heads, People Business Partners (PBPs), and the Talent Learning and DEI CoEs.
Working closely with key stakeholders the Analyst will take a proactive approach to spot opportunities to solve organizational problems through the use of People data; developing and testing hypotheses, drawing insights and creating clear visualizations and reports.
The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate;
- Consult with key stakeholders to proactively identify opportunities for further diagnostic analysis, develop hypotheses and determine key data sources for analysis;
- To enable our PBPs, Advisors and managers, identify and develop self-service reports and dashboards within the HRIS (UKG);
- Develop and maintain appropriate metrics, dashboards and reports for People KPIs, including Talent Learning and DEI;
- Handle ad hoc data requests, gathering, analysing and reporting from various sources, including HRIS, surveys, performance management and applicant tracking tools;
- Participate in CoE projects by supporting with data needs; including, for example, workforce analysis, compensation and benefits analysis, performance analysis;
- Provide operational support, and proactively identify improvements to key People data processes to ensure optimal collection, set-up and use of people data;
- Identify improvements in tools and processes to enable our evolution to strategic predictive and prescriptive analysis;
- Provide accurate and timely insights and analysis for management reports;
- Participate in Data Analytics Community of Practice as People data subject-matter-expert; share learnings and identify opportunities for collaboration, furthering the impact of HR data reporting;
- Act as custodian of all People data, ensuring data quality, compliance with data protection regulations and internal data governance requirements; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 7 years work experience within Data Analytics function.
- Experience working within a HR function either as Analyst or in a generalist/HRBP role.
- Advanced Excel; and, experience working with data visulalization tools PowerBI, Tableu or Qlik. PowerBI highly desirable.
- Strong data visualization capability.
- Excellent consulting or business partnering capabilities, working effectively with key stakeholders to extract and distil information for further analysis.
- Strong data skills, able to analyse complex datasets and provide meaningful analysis and visualisations.
- Highly analytical and inquisitive, with strong attention to detail.
- Expertise in building KPIs and metrics.
- Must be pro-active, creative, self-driven and able to work collaboratively.
Job Level: 3A
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: November 30, 2022
Notes: Only candidates authorized to work in Cameroon, Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, India, UK will be considered
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com