M&E Data Analyst
Boise, ID, United States
17 days ago
- Department: Market Innovation
- Commitment: 3 months contract
- Desired start date and duration: 28th November 2022 to 15th February 2023 (20-25 working days)
- Under direction of: Supply Chain ME Manager
- Location: Indonesia
About the Rainforest Alliance
Rainforest Alliance, a New York-based 501(c)3, and UTZ, an Amsterdam-based foundation, merged in 2018. Together, the new Rainforest Alliance is now a $70 million per year organization with offices in 17 countries (and growing) and over 5000 staff. The merged organization has two main offices—one in Amsterdam and one in New York City.
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities.
We work towards making responsible business the new normal through our certification program, tailored supply chain services, landscape, community work, and advocacy.
Rainforest Alliance and Nescafe (Nestle) collaborate in 15+ global coffee origins to conduct monitoring and evaluation (ME) in coffee supply chains. Rainforest Alliance implements the ME of the Nescafe Plan project which implements a sustainable coffee project focused on best agricultural practices, regenerative agriculture, farm economics, and agripreneurship/ recordkeeping, supporting coffee farmers in across countries. Therefore, Rainforest Alliance is looking for an ME Data Analyst to support analyzing ME data collected from coffee farmer samples in project locations and preparing an ME report on Power BI (the template is provided by Rainforest Alliance).
The ME Data Analyst will coordinate the work plan and implementation progress with Supply Chain ME Manager and Senior Associate Supply Chain ME.
The ME Data Analyst supports Rainforest Alliance in analyzing ME Nescafe data and preparing the ME reports on Power BI.
1. ME survey data are cleaned and reviewed.
2. ME reports on Power BI are prepared based on the template prepared by Rainforest Alliance.
3. Regular meetings with Supply Chain ME Manager and Senior Associate Supply Chain ME are attended.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in agronomy/forestry, socio-economic agriculture/forestry, agribusiness, or rural development.
- At least 5-6 years of experience in data analysis and reporting, especially on agriculture practices and farm economics data.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and excellent analytical thinking.
- Excellent skills in MS Excel and at least basic skills in Power BI.
- Good knowledge of coffee cultivation, a plus.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and flexible approaches to problem-solving with demonstrated experience in setting priorities.
- Strong people skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
Proposal Process and Format
Please send the following documentation no later than November 18, 2022. Interested parties should apply to Rainforest Alliance: email@example.com and include the curriculum vitae and cover letter. Selected candidates will be notified via email.