Support Officer, Retail
30+ days ago
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
The Support Officer Retail will join the Key Markets and Retail team within Rainforest Alliance’s Markets Transformation Department. The Key Markets and Retail team is an international team, with staff based in various countries. The team manages the positioning of the Rainforest Alliance and the relationships with the stakeholders in priority markets, in order to maximize the joint impact of these stakeholders and the Rainforest Alliance on people and planet.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
Reporting to the Global Retail Lead, the Support Officer Retail will support Retailers and Out of Home companies to onboard to the 2020 Certification Program. The support will be geared at one hand towards end of chain partners that don’t have a Rainforest Alliance Account Manager. The Retail Support Officer will proactively reach out to these partners to see if and what support they need and provide this support directly or connect the partners to the right Rainforest Alliance teams. At other hand, the Support Officer Retail will support account managers and provide support to selected Key Retail and Out of Home accounts transition to the 2020 Certification program. Customer satisfaction and relationship management are guiding principles in this work. The successful candidate has exceptional listening, communication and analysis skills. The candidate has an eye for detail, good understanding of processes and the use of technical platforms. The successful candidate has a problem solving attitude and experience working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Identification of needs for support: Identify what Retail and Out of Home partners need more support and what type of support they need to successfully transition to the 2020 Certification Program.
- Proactive outreach and external support: Proactively contact Retailers and Out of Home companies that don’t have an account manager to support inquiries related to the certification program via phone calls and written correspondence; apply knowledge of Rainforest Alliance’s certification policies and systems with a general working knowledge of the Retail and Out of Home business sector to effectively guide partners; provide trainings to stakeholders on core topics related to certification and compliance;
- Account management support: On request support a number of account managers to respond to questions and needs of a selection of key Retail and Out of Home accounts. This support will focus on a successful implementation of the requirements of the 2020 Certification program, including traceability up to retail level;
- Retail Team Collaboration: Monitor and report on the transition status of Retail and Out of Home Partners. Escalate observed risks and opportunities to the Global Retail Lead and/or retail team and support in the provision of an appropriate response;
- Cross-Functional Teamwork: Engage with colleagues in the Supply Chain Excellence (particularly the Customer Success team) and Standards Assurance departments to effectively meet the needs of partners; track the resolution of cases, and;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional qualification.
- Full professional proficiency in English. Professional proficiency in additional languages is considered an asset.
- A passion for sustainability issues.
- Strong listening, communication and analytical skills, ability to synthesize and present complex information.
- Detail-oriented, efficient, and good understanding of processes.
- A solution oriented mindset.
- Collaborative and curious spirit, demonstrated experience working with a diverse team, ability to quickly learn to use several technical platforms (Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce, RACP, Traceability Platform).
- 2+ Years experience working with companies and at least a basic understanding of business processes of retailers and out of home companies.
- Ability to travel occasionally, including internationally (dependent on location of candidate).
JOB LEVEL: 5A
SALARY: Commensurate with experience.
DEADLINE: January 5, 2023
Only candidates authorized to work in Europe will be considered
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com