Support Officer, Fruit Supply Chain
30+ days ago
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
Responsible for supporting the Rainforest Alliance’s supply chain actors in the fresh and processed fruits sector (e.g. processors, manufacturers, exporters, importers, traders), giving advice to assure compliance with the standards, policies and requirements of our programs, including traceability and other supply chain requirements. Meet team goals and grow the mission impact of the organization. Relationship management and customer satisfaction are guiding principles in this work.
Proactive support fresh and processed fruit companies (traders, exporters, importers, processors and manufacturers) such that they are complying with the new 2020 standard requirement. Working in close cooperation with country, sector and key market relationship managers, as well as with CS. Liaise with Certification Partner Support and Customer Support Staff in the regions to facilitate onboarding of actors in producing countries. Centred around the following topics:
1. Proactively reach out to companies to support with the transition to the 2020 Certification Program.
2. Identify companies who need to comply with the 2020 Certification Program but haven’t been part of the 2017 Certification Program.
3. Proactive support to supply chain actors to meet the traceability requirements and correctly report their transaction in Rainforest Alliance’s online traceability platform.
- Reach out to each company to follow up from the traceability training and complete transactions
- Encourage companies in the use of the excel upload to report transactions.
- Check if the transactions have been correctly registered and if needed provide follow up to ensure compliance with the traceability requirements.
4. Monitoring and reporting
- Monitor and analyse progress fresh and processed fruits companies are making in obtaining certification against the 2020 certification program in RA’s data reporting (PowerBI).
- Monitor and analyze traceability reporting of fresh and processed fruit companies, including traceability reporting of farm certificate holders.
- Regularly update the sector leads and relationship managers on progress made and flag issues identified.
- Promptly respond to inquiries and provide information to companies on the implementation of certification, traceability and labelling requirements by email, phone calls and live chats in multiple languages;
- Provide training as needed – via phone calls, webinars, and occasionally in person – to company partners and internal colleagues on our requirements and systems;
- Working in close cooperation with country, sector and key market relationship managers, as well as with Customer Success;
- Share inputs and feedback for customer success processes, reporting etc. as appropriate internally to support continuous improvement activities; and
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant work experience, such as customer service, sales, marketing or communications
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills in English, and in at least one of the following preferred languages: Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Dutch
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner, excellent interpersonal skills, customer orientation and strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of sustainability practices, a passion for environmental issues and experience with certification in sustainable agriculture preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10% per year, including internationally
Job LEVEL: 5
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: January 5, 2022
Only candidates authorized to work in The Netherlands, Germany, UK or Guatemala will be considered
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org