Senior Climate Researcher/ Campaigner
Private Equity Stakeholder Project
30 days ago
The Private Equity Stakeholder Project is a nonprofit financial watchdog organization that researches and reports on private equity investments and their impacts on people and the planet, working with communities and other stakeholders to bring about change.
PESP’s Climate team is seeking a Senior Campaigner/Researcher to lead strategic campaigns and research projects that address the role of private equity in driving the climate crisis. Under the direction of the Campaign Director, the Senior Campaigner/Researcher will work collaboratively with other team members to develop and implement campaign strategies, priorities, and action plans to advance greater climate-related accountability and transparency by private asset managers. The Senior Campaigner/Researcher will implement these strategies by identifying and partnering with stakeholder groups impacted by private equity investments, participating in climate-related coalition work, engaging institutional investors, and supporting multiple related campaigns. The position includes collaborating to analyze data sets related to private equity investments across energy sectors, researching investment managers and their investments.
About the Position:
- Take a leadership role in advancing PESP work on corporate accountability and environmental justice, including planning and implementation of strategies focused on private asset manager investment practices in energy.
- Build strong relationships with partner organizations/coalitions to support the work of communities impacted by private equity’s fossil fuels investments and provide education on the industry (e.g. frontline communities, environmental justice organizations, environmental/climate-focused groups and coalitions).
- Engage with institutional investors around sustainable investment policies and practices.
- Help track private equity firms’ activities and industry trends on climate and energy.
- Conduct data analysis to identify strategic partnerships and build consensus about campaign strategies across multiple partner organizations.
- Write well-documented reports based on data analysis for various stakeholders including institutional investors, grassroots organizations, policymakers, regulators, and the media.
- Some travel required.
Experience & Skills:
- Strong commitment to social, economic and climate justice; experience working with diverse constituencies.
- At least six years of strategic research and/or campaigning experience including environmental justice campaigns. Candidates with more comprehensive experience and skill-sets may be considered for a Director-level position.
- Experience in a comparable position, which campaign strategy development and implementation, partnership development, working with the media, political leaders and/or includes experience managing and analyzing large datasets.
- Strong communication and writing skills, including ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders such as investors, policymakers, media, unions, and community-based organizations.
- Experience with data management and project management platforms such as Airtable.
- Strong knowledge of financial advocacy within the context of the climate or environmental movement.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate with team
- Experience leading other staff and driving projects
Women, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Compensation and benefits
- The salary range for this position is $90,000 – $100,000, commensurate with skills and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, and vision coverage, and a retirement savings 401(k) plan.
- PESP practices a non-negotiable salary policy to foster pay equity.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit your cover letter and resume to jobs@PEstakeholder.org with “Senior Climate Researcher/ Campaigner” in the subject line.