Pollination is a bold and different climate change and nature advisory and investment firm. We are unbound by legacy and solely focused on accelerating the transition to a net zero, climate resilient future. We are world leaders in finance, investment, technology, business, science, law and policy. The culture at Pollination is driven by our values: intellectual rigor, catalytic collaboration, courageous creativity, relentless tenacity and thoughtful transformation. Pollination is looking for an Associate to join our dynamic office in Washington, DC. In this role, you will advise financial institutions, corporates, governments, and civil society organizations on all aspects of the transition to net zero, contributions to nature positive, and building climate resilience. You will bring your own deep expertise and insight to help our clients address some of the most pressing and challenging problems in the world. Pollination's advisory approach is hands-on. Associates will support all aspects of client engagements, closely guided by a Director and/or an Executive Director
- Supporting the delivery of advisory projects, assisting the internal project team with the problem solving, research, analyses, and presentations associated with designing bespoke solutions for clients
- Contributing to the development and delivery of high quality, polished materials, including undertaking quantitative analyses, supporting development of new proposals and client decks/reports, and/or development of research materials.
- Assisting with administrative tasks and contributing to firm-wide development activities
- Supporting development of Pollination IP and thought leadership.
- Experience working/advising on corporate climate, nature, and/or ESG/sustainability strategies, programs, goals/targets, metrics, and communications
- 3+ years of professional experience within a corporation, management consulting firm, government agency, or related organization / NGO
- Analytical skills and strong familiarity with sustainability- and/or nature-related issues, corporate sustainability risks and value creation opportunities, measurement standards/frameworks (e.g., TCFD, SBTi, GHG Protocol, TNFD), including familiarity with distilling and analyzing underlying environmental data to deliver science-based sustainability and/or nature strategies
- Ability to work closely with the Associate Director and/or Director to support the delivery of work streams across multiple engagements, including conducting research and analysis, distilling and translating data into findings for clients, and drafting high-quality work products
- Strong collaboration, communication, and teamwork skills, with the ability to work with a distributed global team across various levels of seniority, including the ability to integrate input from senior staff, special advisors, and internal experts.
- A strong entrepreneurial mindset, with the ability to thrive and be self-directed in a very fast-paced growth environment.
- Education, professional training, and/or work experience in nature finance, environmental economics, nature-based solutions, natural capital, biodiversity, regenerative agriculture, sustainable forestry, and/or related areas
- Graduate degree in biodiversity, natural resource management, regenerative agriculture, sustainable forestry, environmental science/economics, or related field
- Analytical skills and familiarity with concepts and/or approaches used for: evaluating the benefits of nature-based solutions, natural capital accounting, spatial analyses of nature impacts and dependencies, ecosystem services modelling, impact measurement, and/or supply chain analyses.
- Familiarity with natural capital/nature frameworks for business such as TNFD, the Natural Capital Protocol, and/or Science Based Targets for Nature
You'll love this role if...
You thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment and have exceptional attention to detail. You are adaptable and proactive, calm under pressure and a great communicator - able to prioritize and effectively manage the needs of diverse stakeholders. You have a ferocious intellectual curiosity, an appetite for solving complex problems and are comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty. You're excited to work in a purpose-driven organization and share our ambition and commitment to tackle the climate crisis. This is a permanent, full-time role.
Applying with Pollination
Pollination is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application. We will then work with you to identify the best way to assist you through the recruitment process.