21 days ago
Pawprint is an employee-engagement app for climate action. Our main focus is behavioural change in individuals – whether that’s personal actions, actions which impact the community or those which push for change at a systemic level. It’s true that one person turning off the lights isn’t going to solve the problem, but if large groups of people act, spend and speak in a purposeful way… Big change is possible!
That being said, we recognise the scale of individual versus business’ carbon footprints, so we are actively seeking out ways to help the latter align with science-based net zero too. Currently, we deliver data back to business customers to help them make informed decisions about the direction of their sustainable travel. We have big plans to do even more in this space.
In terms of what it’s like to work at Pawprint, we’re a certified B Corp, Living Wage Employer, and 1% for the Planet member. We strive to walk the walk and act as a shining example for all stakeholders.
A note on diversity: to beat climate change, diversity of thought and experience is essential. Pawprint is dedicated to hiring great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – if your experience (life or work) has something to add, please let us know in your cover letter!
Whilst the job can be carried out remotely, you must be based in the UK.
About Design at Pawprint
To help us drive growth of the Pawprint platform in 2022 and beyond, we are seeking a UX/UI designer with around 3 years+ industry experience to join our team. You will be passionate about user experience, creating visually stunning interfaces and capable of working in a fast-paced technology environment. The successful designer will be able to translate high-level requirements into designs that are not only intuitive to use but also surprise and delight our users. As a designer at Pawprint you will be accountable for everything you design - from initial sketch through to delivery, you’ll work with our design system and Pawprint's design guidelines to deliver our platform across web, android and iOS. For this role, we are looking for someone with strong data visualisation skills and an analytical mind to help us strengthen our business offering and deliver real value to our customers.
Our UX/UI designer should be…
Driven by information.
Seek the right data and insight to solve the problem at hand.
- Run primary and secondary research to understand user needs and how best to serve them.
- Collate & action feedback quickly, both asynchronously and on calls/in-person.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems when or even before they are flagged by users.
- Stay ahead of the curve with best-practice UX/UI and tech trends.
Synthesise and prioritise based on the information available.
- Shape hypotheses and challenge them appropriately with testing and data analysis.
- Communicate complex information clearly.
Bring people together to collaborate.
- Run remote ideation sessions with the wider team to define effective, feasible and creative solutions.
Keep our users at the heart of our product.
- Create thoughtful wireframes, thorough user flows and beautiful interfaces for both our customers and our end users.
- Ensure Pawprint meets accessibility standards.
Take pride in what the product looks and feels like.
- Develop high fidelity UI mockups and prototypes.
- Support the design and maintenance of UI patterns and design systems.
- Promote brand guidelines, patterns and the design system to other colleagues to create a visually cohesive language.
Share your ideas in creative and engaging ways.
- Present and defend designs to the design and product teams.
- Present designs to our business customers.
It would be nice if you have…
- Motion graphics skills to add micro interactions into our product.
- Experience building a b2b product.
- An active interest in living a lower carbon lifestyle.
Whether it’s a basic benefit, or something out-of-the-box, we have taken care to curate a list of benefits which both sweetens ‘The Pawprint Deal’, and aligns with our ‘Business as a force for good’ ethos.
- £35,000-£45,000 depending on your level of experience
- Open to 4 day a week working patterns if desired
- 32 days baseline holiday, inclusive of bank holidays, plus a day off on your birthday or the nearest working day. You’re not obliged to take them on the prescribed day, but you are obliged to use your holiday. Burnout isn’t cool.
- 2 slow travel days – days off to incentivise low-carbon travel to a holiday destination. This doesn’t include journeys within England, Scotland and Wales.
- A sabbatical after each 5 years of service – this is a fully-paid, 4-week sabbatical (on top of your allotted annual leave) to be used as you see fit.
- Work where you want – we’re really flexible about where you work. You can mix and match between working from our office at WeWork in Edinburgh and WFH, or you can be fully remote. There’s even scope to work from abroad for short periods (within tax limits). You must have the right to work in the UK.
- Flexible hours – we operate a core hours policy of 10:00-12:00 and 14:00-16:00, Monday through Friday. Outside of this, the day is yours to get work done when you feel most productive.
- Options scheme – we currently offer exit-only share options to permanent employees.
- Home office budget – £200 towards making your home office setup comfortable.
- Company-wide DPA (bonus pot) – if OKR targets are hit, there’s money set aside to be split between all permanent Pawprint employees.
- Cost of inflation annual review – every year, your salary will be reviewed (at least) in line with inflation, except in exceptional circumstances. E.g. if matching inflation across salaries would bankrupt the company.
- Access to Eco Perks – this is an in-app Pawprint feature. It gets you discounts and offers on carefully-vetted eco products like Ripple wind farm shares.
- Access to unlimited monthly coaching sessions via More Happi
- Team events/bonding – we like to keep this pretty flexible, but at a minimum you can look forward to an annual end-of-year celebration. (Free) drinks on the 6th floor of WeWork happen on the reg.
- Work on something with purpose – perhaps the biggest benefit of working for Pawprint is that you’ll spend your day solving issues that really matter.
Please send a portfolio of your work, CV and cover letter to be considered for this role.