Digital Fundraising Manager
Nature Conservancy of Canada
30+ days ago
The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is a private, non-profit organization that prides itself on its entrepreneurial, science-based, collaborative approach to achieving conservation success. Since its establishment in 1962, NCC and its supporters have protected more than 14 million hectares (35 million acres) of natural habitat and special places across Canada. NCC has regional offices across the country with a national office in Toronto.
Are you a digital marketing expert? Do you get excited by creating engaging content and using it to drive consumers through a conversion funnel? Is designing an eCommerce experience exciting for you? And do you want to use your digital fluency to protect Canada’s natural spaces?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you might be a perfect fit for the Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC). The National Marketing and Development team at NCC seeks a full-time Manager, Digital Fundraising, to join the team. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing the digital fundraising arm of NCC’s Integrated Marketing & Fundraising team, leading all digital fundraising activities and delivering all campaigns to NCC’s prospective donors across Canada.
The position requires a fully bilingual, professional individual with previous experience in managing a customer service team and in developing and managing annual and/or monthly giving fundraising program elements.
Digital Marketing & Fundraising
- Lead all digital fundraising activities and programs for NCC and achieve fundraising targets in alignment with the Marketing & Development department’s business plan.
- Set fundraising goals for digital channels and develop digital strategies that support NCC’s fundraising goals
- Manage large tentpole programs critical to fundraising plan, including Giving Tuesday and the e-Commerce platform
- Act as the primary point of contact for all digital fundraising tools, such as NCC’s main donation form and any 3rd party fundraising sites driving revenue
- Manage the NCC donor journey within digital platforms or programs, including proactive monitoring of UX/UI aspects of digital assets, automations, etc. making recommendations to improve fundraising results, as needed.
- Build and oversee relationships with agencies, vendors, contractors, and other partners involved in the development and execution of digital fundraising strategies
- Manage all NCC digital fundraising assets and platforms, including the organization’s e-commerce platform, pages on 3rd party sites, Giving Tuesday, and more.
- Assess the performance of digital tactics and strategies, reporting against the annual targets and advising NCC leadership on different ways to improve results.
- Be up to date on digital marketing and fundraising trends, ensuring NCC is effectively utilizing all available technology that can be applied to fundraising efforts.
- Manage annual budgets for digital fundraising programs, including annual forecasting and reporting variances against expected results.
- Advise team members across the country on digital marketing and fundraising best practices, offering recommendations and feedback, when appropriate.
- Represent NCC at sector wide digital fundraising events
Skills and Abilities
- Fully bilingual in English and French preferred
- Commitment to the NCC’s core values and mission statement
- University degree or equivalent practical experience in a relevant field
- Significant experience (5+ years) in developing and executing digital marketing and/or fundraising campaigns, with a focus on consumer or donor marketing
- Experience (2+ years) working in a cross-functional environment, leading content development, campaign execution, and analyzing results of multi-channel marketing or fundraising campaigns
- Highly knowledgeable about consumer or donor marketing activities in digital spaces, including e-commerce, forms, and digital platforms for donor interaction.
- Strong project management skills: planning, organizing, maintaining project scope and delivering things on time and on budget
- Good team leader, with the ability to elevate team members
- Avid learner, with the ability to stay on top of the latest fundraising trends and innovative practices
- Strong critical thinking and ability to make good decisions that support built objectives
- Ability to handle conflict situations
- Ability to think strategically in line with NCC’s Marketing and Development goals
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in training and onboarding staff
- Highly organized and able to effectively prioritize
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable with spreadsheets and working with data: ability to synthetize meaningful insights from data files
- Significant experience with budgeting and measuring fiscal results against annual targets.
- Microsoft Office experience required
- Knowledge of CMS platforms for the building and deployment of content, forms, and emails. Experience with Luminate Online is preferred.
- Strong experience managing third party vendors
Terms & conditions
- Terms of Employment:
- Start date: February 6, 2023
- Location: National Office at 245 Eglinton Avenue E, Suite 410, Toronto, Ontario, M4P 3J1
Application Process and Deadline:
NCC is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit (maximum 1-page cover letter and maximum 2-page resume) through our Career Centre by January 27,2023 at 11:59 PM EST.
NCC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We value and incorporate diverse traditions, heritage, knowledge and experiences in our mission and in our workplaces. We celebrate the full participation of people from all walks of life as we work towards common goals. We strive for a conservation movement in which equity, diversity and inclusion are the norm. This is our continuous commitment: to promote healthy people, healthy communities and a healthy planet for everyone.
NCC thanks everyone who applies for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.