Coordinator, Supporter Services Bilingual
Nature Conservancy of Canada
7 days ago
Taking care of our environment has never been more important than it is today. The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is looking for a dynamic Supporter Services Coordinator to join a team committed to protecting our most important natural areas and the plants and animals they sustain.
NCC is the nation’s leading not-for-profit, private land conservation organization, working to protect our most important natural areas and the species they sustain. Since 1962 NCC and its supporters have protected 15 million hectares (more than 35 million acres) of ecologically significant land across Canada. NCC takes a collaborative, science-based approach to achieve conservation success for the sake of nature and Canadians. With a national office in Toronto and seven regional offices across the country, NCC delivers results you can walk on.
Purpose & General Description
Our dynamic, fast-growing team is currently looking for a Supporter Services Coordinator, to join our team based in our National office in Toronto.
Reporting to the Manager, Supporter Services, the position will be a team member of the Integrated Marketing & Fundraising team, under the National Marketing & Development department. The ideal candidate will be a people person who enjoys working with others, interacting directly with NCC’s donors, and shares the passion and importance of land conservation. Interested in fundraising and want to be a part of protecting Canada’s natural spaces? Supporter Services is a key and growing area and NCC is looking for an energetic and dedicated team member to grow with us.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide donor frontline support, including taking donor calls, replying to emails/letters in a timely manner, taking donations, handling donor complaints professionally, requests for information and updating supporter information within NCC’s Customer Relationship Management system, Raiser’s Edge.
- Communicate with supporters by phone/email/mail in order to thank them, verify information related to donations and follow up on financial transactions.
- Enter all relevant supporter information from donor coupons, returned mail, and other sources into Raiser’s Edge in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure donor fulfilment and stewardship communications are sent out as needed, including renewal letters to lapsed monthly donors, thanking donors for recent gifts, ensuring catalog gifts are received, etc.
- Identify donor needs and potential issues in NCC’s donor management processes, reporting on donor experience to the Manager, Supporter Services
- Share donor experiences with the Integrated Marketing & Fundraising team to shape a more holistic and effective donor experience with NCC.
- Lead by example, demonstrating best-in-class donor experience behaviours and setting an example of donor-centric behaviour for the whole organization.
- Provide support to the Marketing and Development department, as required.
Skills & Abilities
- Fluent in English, with bilingual French fluency preferred.
- 1-3 years experience in a donor support or customer representative position.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple priorities, and able to handle high volumes of requests during peak fundraising periods.
- Highly organized with strong time management skills.
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in Raiser’s Edge is an asset.
- Experience in a non-profit organization is an asset.
How to Apply
NCC is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations through our Career Centre by March 31st, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST.
NCC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We value and incorporate diverse traditions, heritage, knowledge and experiences in our mission and in our workplaces. We celebrate the full participation of people from all walks of life as we work towards common goals. We strive for a conservation movement in which equity, diversity and inclusion are the norm. This is our continuous commitment: to promote healthy people, healthy communities and a healthy planet for everyone.
Please note that in-person office attendance, carpooling with co-workers to NCC properties or events, and in-person attendance at any indoor events are currently restricted to staff who are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Accordingly, if you are required to participate in any of these activities as part of your job the expectation is that you must be fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated means you have received two doses of the Pfizer, Astra Zeneca or Moderna vaccine or combination of, and have received the second dose at least two weeks prior to your start date or you have received one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine at least two weeks prior to your start date.