Coordinator, Development Systems
Nature Conservancy of Canada
18 days ago
Location: Remote/Anywhere in Canada or Toronto office
Position details: Full-Time, 12-month contract
Taking care of our environment has never been more important than it is today. The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is looking for an enthusiastic, curious, detail-oriented, and proactive thinker to be our Development Systems Coordinator, joining a team committed to protecting our most important natural areas and the plants and animals they sustain. You will work collaboratively with colleagues across the country to help maintain a healthy database and provide information necessary to reach our goals.
NCC is the nation’s leading not-for-profit, private land conservation organization, working to protect our most important natural areas and the species they sustain. Since 1962 NCC and its supporters have protected 15 million hectares (more than 35 million acres) of ecologically significant land across Canada. NCC takes a collaborative, science-based approach to achieve conservation success for the sake of nature and Canadians. With a national office in Toronto and seven regional offices across the country, NCC delivers results you can walk on.
The Development Systems Coordinator will be integral to the success of a growing Development Systems team. Reporting directly to the Manager of Development Systems and working closely with Marketing and Development staff across the country, the Development Systems Coordinator will use optimized data management processes to ensure all data related tasks/requests are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
Execute data requests for mailings, appeals, e-blasts, e-News, special initiatives and ad-hoc requests.
- Extract data for submission to vendors and upload data from vendors into the database.
- Provide staff with quantitative /qualitative analysis (e.g., ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and quarterly) reports, insights and their campaign performances against targets.
- Track and document all changes in functional and business requirements; documents all data tracking procedures for users and for training purposes.
- Implement changes to the current data table system, using both manual and mass clean-up tools such as import and global change solutions.
- Support the improvement/maintenance of data integrity through data hygiene projects.
- Participate in the planning and strategy of various data process modifications.
- Perform regular imports/exports between Luminate Online and The Raiser’s Edge Database.
- Ensure data import/export issues are identified, resolved, and seamlessly integrated into the database.
- Identify opportunities to improve or change business processes using both technological and non-technological solutions.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of development systems upgrades.
- Minimum one year of experience with CRM database, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Strong technical knowledge of fundraising databases and reporting tools, and strong analytic skills.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Prior experience in a fundraising or non-profit environment preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, and handle multiple competing tasks.
- Blackbaud Certification considered an asset.
- Experience using Luminate Online considered an asset.
- Experience with ImportOmatic considered an asset.
We anticipate the process to include a 30-minute phone interview followed by a 1-hour panel interview.
NCC is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations through our Career Centre by June 24, 2022 at 11:59 pm EST.
NCC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We value and incorporate diverse traditions, heritage, knowledge and experiences in our mission and in our workplaces. We celebrate the full participation of people from all walks of life as we work towards common goals. We strive for a conservation movement in which equity, diversity and inclusion are the norm. This is our continuous commitment: to promote healthy people, healthy communities and a healthy planet for everyone.
Please note that in-person office attendance, sharing NCC vehicles and in-person attendance at indoor events are currently restricted to staff who are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Accordingly, if you are required to participate in any of these activities as part of your role with NCC, you must be fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated means you have received two doses of the Pfizer, Astra Zeneca or Moderna vaccine or combination of, and have received the second dose at least two weeks prior to your start date or you have received one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine at least two weeks prior to your start date.