Nature Conservancy of Canada
22 days ago
Title : Quebec Region- Finance Coordinator
Supervisor : Regional Controller- Quebec Region
Level : 3
Taking care of our environment has never been more important than it is today. The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is looking for a Finance Coordinator to join a team committed to protecting our most important natural areas and the plants and animals they sustain.
NCC is the nation’s leading not-for-profit, private land conservation organization, working to protect our most important natural areas and the species they sustain. Since 1962 NCC and its supporters have protected 15 million hectares (more than 35 million acres) of ecologically significant land across Canada. NCC takes a collaborative, science-based approach to achieve conservation success for the sake of nature and Canadians. With a national office in Toronto and seven regional offices across the country, NCC delivers results you can walk on.
Purpose and General Description
Reporting to the Regional Controller and working, the Finance Coordinator will take primary responsibility for the accurate and timely processing of financial information. The Finance Coordinator plays a proactive and supporting role in ensuring that grant requirements are met and grant related activities are fulfilled. This position will support the Regional Controller during his duties.
- Responsible to prepare entries in the format compatible for import into FE accounting system.
- Prepares accounting records for month-end and quarterly reports.
- Assist the finance team in the management of accounts payable and receivable.
- Responsible for providing support to staff in the region in the preparation of financial statements required by donors as well as any financial information as requested.
- Reviewing employee time sheets to ensure accuracy of funding sources.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget and financial statements.
- Participate in the standardization of accounting procedures and the improvement of the financial process in the region.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and manager team.
Required Skills and Attributes :
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting.
- French and English (oral and written).
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and other basic computer skills and the ability to learn new software (Financial Edge, Raiser's Edge, Land Information Software).
- Strong organizational skills, and prioritization skills Ability to meet deadlines
- Understanding of not-for-profit principles, any experience in a not-for-profit organization or knowledge of project accounting is an asset.
- Ability to work well within a team and individually with minimal supervision.
- Connected with nature.
How to Apply
NCC is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your cover letter and resume through our Career Centre by May 31, 2022 at 11:59 pm EST.
NCC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We value and incorporate diverse traditions, heritage, knowledge and experiences in our mission and in our workplaces. We celebrate the full participation of people from all walks of life as we work towards common goals. We strive for a conservation movement in which equity, diversity and inclusion are the norm. This is our continuous commitment: to promote healthy people, healthy communities and a healthy planet for everyone.
Please note that in-person office attendance, carpooling with co-workers to NCC properties or events, and in-person attendance at any indoor events are currently restricted to staff who are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Accordingly, if you are required to participate in any of these activities as part of your job the expectation is that you must be fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated means you have received two doses of the Pfizer, Astra Zeneca or Moderna vaccine or combination of, and have received the second dose at least two weeks prior to your start date or you have received one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine at least two weeks prior to your start date.