Senior Administrative Associate
Natural Resources Defense Council
Washington, DC, United States
9 days ago
NRDC is seeking a Senior Administrative Associate to work with the Resilient Communities team in our Washington DC, or San Francisco office.
The Resilient Communities team of the People & Communities program focuses on building and activating partnerships, advancing holistic policies and climate solutions that provide strong health, economic and social benefits, and seeing them through investment and implementation. We aim to support historically underrepresented communities, BIPOC communities, EJ communities, and communities most impacted by climate action and inaction, specifically related to infrastructure, buildings, power, and transportation. We believe to make lasting and far-reaching progress on climate change, we must form inclusive partnerships and coalitions to drive wide-ranging and effective change, explicitly designed to benefit people in the places they work and live.
The Senior Administrative Associate will provide budget management, contracting, invoicing, scheduling, expense reporting and travel/event-planning logistic support, among other administrative duties as part of a Strategy & Operations team. Candidates must be self-motivated, excellent communicators, organized and have good problem-solving skills.
- Serve as a critical member of the Strategy & Operations team by providing general administrative and logistical support to the Resilient Communities division
- Budgeting and accounting support including processing invoices, tracking budgets, and maintaining contracts and financial records
- Support for developing internal processes for contract management and processing, as well as invoice processing and working with team leads on budget management.
- Scheduling and organizing meetings and assisting with event planning and management, which may require working with external parties
- Managing electronic filing systems and databases
- Assist with some travel arrangements and catering for meetings
- Proactively pitch-in to take on discrete tasks when required
- Commitment to NRDC’s mission and values.
- Previous administrative experience, such as contracts, invoices, budgets, expense, accounting, organizational, and basic research skills
- Proactive and detail-oriented problem solver with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-directed with the ability to prioritize, manage numerous workstreams and follow through on multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently, follow organizational procedures and perform accurately under deadlines
- Familiarity with basic contracting agreements, scopes of work and invoicing schedules
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, and PowerPoint
- Strong facility with spreadsheets and databases
- Ability to organize and manage internal and external events
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Desire to contribute to the work of a dynamic team, support team-building and problem-solve to improve operational efficiency
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Interest in environmental and climate equity issues
- Excellent project management and project coordination skills
- Proficiency in Google suites
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of and competency in equity and inclusion, including contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Willingness to be available for occasional overtime work
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
As a science-based organization, NRDC aims to do our part to help contain the COVID-19 public health crisis. For the sake of health, safety, and equity, we ask that people be vaccinated unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation or other exemption in accordance with state and local law. We consider a person to be vaccinated two weeks after receiving one full course of a CDC-approved vaccine. In accordance with state or local law, new hires will be asked to attest to vaccination, those wishing to do so may request medical or religious accommodations or other exemptions via NRDC Employee Relations. NRDC treats all vaccine-related data confidentially, in keeping with local, state, and federal laws.
To apply, visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your résumé and cover letter. Please mention where you saw this posting and upload any additional materials that highlight your abilities. Due to the high volume of applications, we will contact only those candidates we would like to interview. Please no phone calls, emails, or in-person résumé drop-offs.
If you experience technical problems while applying or if you are a person with a disability and need assistance applying online, please reach out to iCIMS Customer Care on 1-800-889-4422.
For more information about NRDC, visit www.nrdc.org.