2023 Kent State National Policy Team Intern
Natural Resources Defense Council
Washington, DC, United States
NRDC is seeking a current student of Kent State University to work with the National Policy team in People and Communities in our D.C. office. This intern will work with the Senior Policy Advocate to analyze and advocate for state and federal policies and contribute as warranted to multiple teams within People and Communities as well as cross-programmatically with Climate and Clean Energy as well as NRDC’s Centers for Policy Advocacy; Science; and Environment, Equity, & Justice.
- Performing research about national and state transportation, housing, and/or energy issues
- Analyzing federal and state transportation, housing, and/or energy policies
- Drafting written products including blog entries, letters, and fact sheets
- Participating in internal team meetings with People and Communities, Climate and Clean Energy, Center for Policy Advocacy, and other colleagues
- Representing NRDC at external meetings
- Ability and interest in research and study of priority NRDC issues
- Ability and interest in policy analysis
- Ability and interest in writing, including both technical and grassroots writing as warranted
- Commitment to teamwork
- Strong work ethic.
- Commitment to NRDC’s values and mission.
NRDC is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion, both in our work and in our workplace. We believe that celebrating and actively welcoming a diversity of voices and perspectives is essential to solving the planet's most pressing environmental problems, and we encourage applications from candidates whose identities have been historically under-represented in the environmental movement. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. We would like you to upload any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Due to the high volume of resumes, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, or if you are a person with a disability and you need assistance applying online, please reach out to iCIMS Customer Care by dialing 1-800-889-4422.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org.