Natural Resources Defense Council
Denver, CO, United States
2 days ago
NRDC is seeking a Regional Director to work with the Nature team in our San Francisco, Santa Monica, or Denver office.
The Regional Director will also work with staff throughout the organization as part of the cross-cutting effort on fossil fuels.
- Strive to provide community leadership for regional fossil fuel strategies, campaigns, and policies, contributing to and supporting the institution’s approach as it relates to climate and biodiversity goals
- Act as the institution’s point person with regional partners, helping to devise and implement key fossil fuel campaigns in priority regions
- Help devise and deploy novel strategies and tools in opposition to fossil fuel projects
- Incorporate diversity, equity, and inclusion into fossil fuel work and partnerships
- Place an emphasis on building out key communication channels, maintaining a footprint that will reach diverse audiences through writing and media engagement
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in effectively developing, managing, and sustaining advocacy campaigns. A proven track record in partnering with regional stakeholders and codeveloping advocacy campaigns
- An ability to foster and cultivate a positive environment in terms of working with colleagues and external stakeholders
- A commitment to develop and foster an environment of inclusion
- Required: Advanced organizational and project management skills, including the ability to effectively communicate and deploy written and verbal skills to advance key concepts
- Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Commitment to NRDC’s values and mission.
- Eight or more years of leading campaigns, with authoritative knowledge concerning the nature of fossil fuel development, including: the role of permitting; the economic, social, and ecological impacts associated with development; governance models that accelerate development; and a familiarity with the role that federal and state subsidies have on supporting fossil fuel project adoption
- An established track record of building community centered campaigns that have a proven record in assisting the slowing or halting the development of regionally scaled fossil fuel projects
- An established history of employing advanced interpersonal skills, providing guidance, feedback and coaching in the context of complex campaign dynamics
- Advanced educational degree in law, policy or science or equivalent experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a supportive working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and is commensurate with skills and experience. For this position, the salary starts at $105,000. Internal equity considerations will be reviewed before making a final offer.
Since March 2020, NRDC’s offices have been closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. You will be associated with one of our offices, but until circumstances allow us to re-open, we will continue to support NRDCers with remote working arrangements.
As a science-based organization, NRDC aims to do our part to help contain the COVID-19 public health crisis. For the sake of health, safety, and equity, we ask that people be vaccinated unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation or other exemption in accordance with state and local law. We consider a person to be vaccinated two weeks after receiving one full course of a CDC-approved vaccine. In accordance with state or local law, new hires will be asked to attest to vaccination, those wishing to do so may request medical or religious accommodations or other exemptions via NRDC Employee Relations. NRDC treats all vaccine-related data confidentially, in keeping with local, state, and federal laws.
To apply, visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your résumé and cover letter. Please mention where you saw this posting and upload any additional materials that showcase your abilities. Due to the high volume of applications, we will contact only those candidates we would like to interview. Please no phone calls, emails, or in-person résumé drop-offs.
If you experience technical problems while applying or if you are a person with a disability and need assistance applying online, please reach out to iCIMS Customer Care at 1-800-889-4422.
For more about NRDC, visit www.nrdc.org.