Grassroots Giving and Events Manager
Reports to: Director of Philanthropy
About Mothers Out Front
Mothers Out Front builds our power as mothers to ensure a livable climate for all children. We are growing a multi-racial, cross-class, intergenerational movement of mothers, grandmothers, and caregivers dedicated to convincing elected officials and business leaders to work for a swift, complete, and just transition away from fossil fuels to clean and renewable energy. We know that mothers have an important role to play in the climate justice movement, and, when it comes to protecting children, mothers are an unstoppable force for change. Our goal is simple: to enable mothers to take active leadership in climate justice work by providing the structure, training, and tools for them to work together and win campaigns in their communities, cities, and states.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team as the Grassroots Giving and Events Manager. As the Grassroots Giving and Events Manager, you will play a crucial role in ensuring Mothers Out Front effectively engages and grows its grassroots giving base. This is an opportunity for you to use your expertise in event planning and management, donor relations, and digital fundraising experience to ensure an impact-oriented climate justice organization has the resources required to build mothers’ power and drive positive change.
What You’ll Do
- Be an active contributor of thought leadership, bringing innovative ideas, insights, and strategies to our overall approach to individual giving and events
- Work with Director of Philanthropy and Senior Database Administrator to creating data-driven, annual grassroots fundraising planning and implementation to meet annual revenue generation goals
- Plan and execute multi-tiered grassroots fundraising stewardship and appeals (mail, email, texting, and social media)
- Produce donor solicitations and materials to retain or upgrade gifts and to convert people in our movement into dues-paying members
- Create and execute a plan for multi-tiered acquisition of new donors
- Work with organizing and communications staff on membership campaign
- Cultivate and steward donors by producing specialized correspondence, preparing letters of acknowledgment and stewardship materials
- Develop and maintain dynamic fundraising materials such as donor welcome packet, event sponsorship packets, fundraising appeals, phone banking scripts and materials, donor updates, and social media campaign graphics and content
- Participate in Development Committee meetings and lead Event Committee(s)
- Maintain working knowledge of donor database, including ability to enter gifts, donor info., activity tracking, and basic reporting
- Maintain a working knowledge of trends, best practices, demographics, and issues related to grassroots fundraising, donor organizing, social justice, and philanthropy
- Coordinate and create content for monthly e-newsletter
- Participate in development of social media and website content
- Work collectively with staff and community members to ensure the health and sustainability of the organization.
- Lead committee for annual event to support ticket sales, promotion, sponsorships, and volunteer engagement
- Serve as lead liaison to event sponsors, hosts, guest, and vendors
- Work with Director of Philanthropy to create and monitor event budgets
- Lead production of (at least one) annual special event including program, format, marketing, and collateral materials
- Facilitate production of community based fundraising appeals and events
What You Will Need
- Experience: At least 5 years of experience with individual giving – particularly multi-tiered donor retention and acquisition campaigns, – including a proven track record of producing six-figure yielding events. Digital fundraising experience in the nonprofit setting required
- Management: Demonstrated experience of exceptional leadership and team building skills. Strong project management skills, coupled with sharp attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Strong Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and empathetically with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Interpersonal skills: Proven track record of building relationships and engaging effectively with people from a variety of ethnic, racial, socio-economic, educational, linguistic, and religious backgrounds, as well as people of various physical abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and generations. Demonstrated self-awareness about how your identities may influence how you show up, interact with, and are perceived by others.
- Commitment to social justice, diversity, and inclusion: Demonstrates a strong commitment to social justice and actively works to dismantle systems of oppression, including racism, sexism, misogyny, classism, ableism, homophobia, xenophobia, and other forms of discrimination. Demonstrated ability and commitment to working with people from a variety of ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds, as well as varying religious, educational, generational, and gender identity backgrounds.
Location: Mothers Out Front is a fully remote organization. Candidates can be based anywhere in the U.S. and will work from a home office. This is a full-time position.
Salary and Benefits: The salary range for this role is $78,000 – $88,000 depending on experience. Benefits include health and dental coverage, a 401(k) plan, flexible spending plan, paid vacation, holidays, sick days, and support for remote work set-up. We offer ongoing training opportunities, a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive, and collaborative setting and we are proudly women-led!
Deadline to Apply: The priority deadline to apply is Monday, January 29th. This search is being conducted by NRG Consulting Group. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation
Mothers Out Front is an equal opportunity employer committed to anti-racism and anti-discrimination internally and externally. We value the lived experiences of a diverse workforce and expect staff to be committed to building an inclusive culture. The organization encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, record of arrest or conviction and any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.