Human Resources Coordinator
Lincoln, MA, United States
10 days ago
Mass Audubon is the largest nature-based conservation organization in New England. Founded in 1896 by two women who fought for the protection of birds, Mass Audubon carries on their legacy by focusing on the greatest challenges facing the environment today: the loss of biodiversity, inequitable access to nature, and climate change. With the help of our 160,000 members and supporters, we protect wildlife, conserve and restore resilient land, advocate for impactful environmental policies, offer nationally recognized education programs for adults and children, and provide endless opportunities to experience the outdoors at our wildlife sanctuaries. Explore, find inspiration, and take action at massaudubon.org.
About This Position
The Human Resources Coordinator will oversee Human Resources administrative functions and office management duties. The individual will possess a solid business acumen, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with the capacity to work collaboratively within Human Resources and across the organization. The Human Resources Coordinator needs to be focused, eager to learn, a forward thinker, and have a high sense of urgency while still paying close attention to detail.
- Must possess strong employee services orientation with the ability to navigate complex conversations, determine employee needs and provide solutions that satisfy staff while adhering to Mass Audubon polices and culture
- Excellent customer service and communication skills in interacting with all levels of staff across the state as well as business vendors
- Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Manages all front line communication for both internal and external customer inquiries
- Maintains the Human Resources Mailboxes, electronic and paper
- Ensures that all the biweekly timecards in ADP Workforce Now are completed in preparation for payroll processing
- Processes all employee status changes such as changes in hours, merit increases, benefit changes and terminations
- Assist employees with the tuition reimbursement process
- Maintains all personnel records by updating and recording information such as personal data, status changes, compensation, benefits, and termination date and reason
- Responsible for filing personnel records
- Processes all benefit enrollments and employee status changes for medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending, and 403(b) retirement plan
- Reports and ensures the timely submission of biweekly 403(b) contribution information to the external administrator
- Manages all annual open enrollment transactions
- Manage flexible spending accounts and COBRA administration through a third party administrator
- Assists with posting open positions to applicable internal and external websites
- Assists with New Employee Orientation
- Assists fellow Human Resources staff to coordinate several events for staff throughout the year
- Other duties as assigned
At Mass Audubon, our highest priority is finding the best candidate for the job. Research has shown that people of color and women are less likely to apply for jobs if they don’t believe they meet every one of the qualifications described in a job description. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our described qualifications or you have a less traditional background. We are looking for applicants with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Human Resources preferred or have equivalent work experience
- 1 to 2 years of Human Resources experience preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills, as well as an ability to relate to a diverse population and exercise cultural competence and inclusion
- Ability to work effectively and calmly with short deadlines and to resolve customer concerns in a timely fashion
- Ability to handle multiple deadline and priorities, moving from one priority to another, while completing projects on time
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proven experience with Microsoft Office and preferably with ADP Workforce Now
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
This position’s base salary range is $57,000 - $61,000; actual salary will reflect level of experience and qualifications relative to position requirements.
Benefits eligible staff at Mass Audubon may elect to enroll in medical, dental, and vision plans. Mass Audubon also offers disability and life insurance plans, a retirement plan through MetLife, and Flexible Spending Account options. Mass Audubon employment also includes access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and the Reciprocity Agreement through the Consortium of Non-Profit Arts/Cultural/Environmental Organizations of New England. Mass Audubon employees also enjoy 13 paid holidays (holidays may shift annually due to where days fall within calendar).
Full time schedule of 40 hours, Monday through Friday
Employees must successfully complete a CORI and SORI Background Check and a Motor Vehicle Record (if applicable) is required.
Mass Audubon’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Justice
Mass Audubon embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are dedicated to forming a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mass Audubon’s mission is to “protect the nature of Massachusetts for people and for wildlife” by building a strong coalition of employees, volunteers, and community members. We recognize that the environmental movement and field of conservation have been affected by societal systems that have limited opportunity and access for many people. As a result, Mass Audubon is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We are engaged in an ongoing process of organizational assessment and change, designed to remove barriers and create a workplace where all forms of diversity are recognized and valued.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Mass Audubon is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. Mass Audubon prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.