Human Resources Assistant - Temporary Positio
Lincoln, MA, United States
30+ days ago
About This Position
The Human Resources Assistant will support the day-to-day operation of the administrative functions and office management duties of Mass Audubon’s Human Resources department. This position is a temporary replacement for a full-time human resources employee from August to December 2022. The individual will possess a solid business acumen, the ability to exercise effective independent judgement, and a desire to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This position requires the capacity to work collaboratively within Human Resources and across Mass Audubon. The Human Resources Assistant must be focused, eager to learn, a forward thinker, and have a high sense of urgency while paying close attention to detail.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaise between Human Resources and Mass Audubon employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of requests and questions
- Route and escalate all front-line inquiries for both internal and external customers (via email, HR Mailbox, and phone) to other HR team members or departments as appropriate
- Maintain all personnel records by updating and recording information such as personal data, status changes, compensation, benefits, and terminations in both internal HR databases and Mass Audubon ADP database
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (new hires, employee position changes, terminations, and benefits)
- Process all benefit enrollments and employee status changes for medical, dental, vision, and flexible spending; support the tracking of employee enrollments and changes to Mass Audubon’s retirement benefit account and life insurance policy
- Support the New Hire Process by managing checklists to ensure all information is complete in advance of a new hire’s start date and requisite paperwork/forms are submitted to HR and sent to payroll for timely processing
At Mass Audubon, our highest priority is finding the best candidate for the job. Research has shown that people of color and women are less likely to apply for jobs if they don't believe they meet every one of the qualifications described in a job description. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our described qualifications or you have a less traditional background. We are looking for applicants with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Human Resources preferred or have equivalent work experience.
- 1 to 2 years of Human Resources experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills, as well as an ability to relate to a diverse population and exercise cultural competence and inclusion.
- Ability to work effectively and calmly with short deadlines and to resolve customer concerns in a timely fashion.
- Ability to handle multiple deadline and priorities, moving from one priority to another, while completing projects on time.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proven experience with Microsoft Office and preferably with ADP Workforce Now.
Compensation & Benefits
This position’s base salary range is $25/hr - $28/hr; actual salary will reflect level of experience and qualifications relative to position requirements.
Benefits and Perks:
This position is eligible for health insurance benefits.