Gift Planning Assistant
Lincoln, MA, United States
11 days ago
Sanctuary: Lincoln Headquarters
About Mass Audubon
Mass Audubon is the largest nature-based conservation organization in New England. Founded in 1896 by two women who fought for the protection of birds, Mass Audubon carries on their legacy by focusing on the greatest challenges facing the environment today: the loss of biodiversity, inequitable access to nature, and climate change. With the help of our 160,000 members and supporters, we protect wildlife, conserve and restore resilient land, advocate for impactful environmental policies, offer nationally recognized education programs for adults and children, and provide endless opportunities to experience the outdoors at our wildlife sanctuaries.
About This Position
Mass Audubon is seeking a collaborative Development Assistant to provide administrative support for the Gift Planning Department. Reporting to the Director of Gift Planning and working as valued member of the ~30-person philanthropy team, this individual’s work will help address some of the most pressing environmental concerns of our time. Some of the material handled in this role will be confidential in nature.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide key administrative support to Gift Planning Department to maintain prospect, donor and fund records in ROI and High Touch databases; ensure timely entry of activities; run and review reports from data bases.
- Assist with maintenance of reports and files for the Gift Planning Department including Pooled Income Fund (PIF) and Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA) programs and resources.
- Provide essential functions to support fundraising work including drafting emails, letters and periodic “e-blasts/donor mailings.”
- Work collaboratively with Director of Gift Planning to review material for publication.
- Reply to routine correspondence.
- Manage timelines for mailings (print and electronic).
- Assist with the receipt of planned gifts and aid with gift tracking.
- Work in conjunction with colleagues to implement and uphold data integrity protocols to ensure accurate reporting and inform departmental activities.
- Prepare materials for presentations and assist with donor events.
At Mass Audubon, our highest priority is finding the best candidate for the job. Research has shown that people of color and women are less likely to apply for jobs if they don't believe they meet every one of the qualifications described in a job description. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our described qualifications or you have a less traditional background. We are looking for applicants with the following qualifications:
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- College degree or equivalent experience; and
- At least 2+ years of office-based administrative work experience.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong donor orientation;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products - especially Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Excellent reporting skills and strong presentation skills;
- Professional and mature interpersonal work style with the ability to interact well with a diverse range of people;
- Ability to make decisions regarding organizing one’s workload and managing multiple tasks;
- Independent, proactive, and able to work under the pressure of deadlines;
- Participatory work style; team player and sense of humor; ability to give and receive feedback;
- Strong goal orientation with flexibility to adapt to changing priorities; and
- Willingness and ability to handle confidential information.
Compensation & Benefits
This position’s base salary range is $21.25 - $26.25 per hour; actual salary will reflect level of experience and qualifications relative to position requirements.
Benefits and Perks:
Benefits eligible staff at Mass Audubon may elect to enroll in medical, dental, and vision plans. Mass Audubon also offers disability and life insurance plans, a retirement plan through MetLife, and Flexible Spending Account options. Mass Audubon employment also includes access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and the Reciprocity Agreement through the Consortium of Non-Profit Arts/Cultural/Environmental Organizations of New England. Mass Audubon employees also enjoy 12 paid holidays (holidays may shift annually due to where days fall within calendar).
This is a full-time position, standard business hours with occasional overtime.
Employees must successfully complete a CORI and SORI Background Check and a Motor Vehicle Record (if applicable) is required.
Mass Audubon requires that all staff, regardless of their work location, disclose their vaccination status. Proof of vaccination status will be required immediately upon hire. This should also include a booster shot if it has been 5 months since you were initially vaccinated.
Mass Audubon's Commitment To Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Justice
Mass Audubon's mission is to "protect the nature of Massachusetts for people and for wildlife" by building a strong coalition of employees, volunteers, and community members. We recognize that the environmental movement and field of conservation have been affected by societal systems that have limited opportunity and access for many people. As a result, Mass Audubon is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We are engaged in an ongoing process of organizational assessment and change, designed to remove barriers and create a workplace where all forms of diversity are recognized and valued.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Mass Audubon is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. Mass Audubon prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to: