Lincoln, MA, United States
30+ days ago
Sanctuary: Lincoln Headquarters
About Mass Audubon
Mass Audubon is the largest nature-based conservation organization in New England. Founded in 1896 by two women who fought for the protection of birds, Mass Audubon carries on their legacy by focusing on the greatest challenges facing the environment today: the loss of biodiversity, inequitable access to nature, and climate change. With the help of our 140,000 members and supporters, we protect wildlife, conserve and restore resilient land, advocate for impactful environmental policies, offer nationally recognized education programs for adults and children, and provide endless opportunities to experience the outdoors at our wildlife sanctuaries. Explore, find inspiration, and take action at www.massaudubon.org.
About This Position
Working within the Applications Development Team, the Applications Specialist assists in managing Mass Audubon’s Applications Help Desk by providing world-class support to internal and external customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides user support for all aspects of Mass Audubon’s internal program registration system, online program catalog and CMS, responding to user questions and issues.
- Triage email from registrants and field staff, staff users, resolve inquiries or forward as needed. Track types of questions or issues.
- Suggest possible systems improvements based on staff and registrant suggestions or frequent issues, help prioritize improvement projects.
- Provide forward looking suggestions and feedback to help improve service delivery or create efficiencies in work processes.
- Train staff via one-on-one, small group and pre-recorded sessions.
- Develop “how-to” documentation on various applications topics.
- Maintain the Mass Audubon Support Wiki and manage the Applications Users Group, keeping it up-to-date as new features are installed and adding frequently asked questions and answers.
- Assist staff with finding the data they need from internal applications; suggest canned reports or queries that meet staff requests.
- Other responsibilities as requested/needed.
At Mass Audubon, our highest priority is finding the best candidate for the job. Research has shown that people of color and women are less likely to apply for jobs if they don't believe they meet every one of the qualifications described in a job description. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our described qualifications or you have a less traditional background. We are looking for applicants with the following qualifications:
- Experience in customer service via walk-in, email and telephone.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a growth mindset.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to describe technical information in easy-to-understand terms.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Excellent Excel skills or ability and aptitude to learn.
- Experience working with databases.
- Comfortable working with new technology.
Compensation & Benefits
This position’s base compensation is $21.25-$24.00 per hour; actual salary will reflect level of experience and qualifications relative to position requirements.
Benefits eligible staff at Mass Audubon may elect to enroll in medical, dental, and vision plans. Mass Audubon also offers disability and life insurance plans, a retirement plan through MetLife, and Flexible Spending Account options. Mass Audubon employment also includes access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and the Reciprocity Agreement through the Consortium of Non-Profit Arts/Cultural/Environmental Organizations of New England. Mass Audubon employees also enjoy 12 paid holidays (holidays may shift annually due to where days fall within calendar).
Employees must successfully complete a CORI and SORI Background Check and a Motor Vehicle Record (if applicable) is required.
Mass Audubon requires that all staff, regardless of their work location, disclose their vaccination status. Proof of vaccination status will be required immediately upon hire. This should also include a booster shot if it has been 5 months since you were initially vaccinated.
Mass Audubon's Commitment To Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Justice
Mass Audubon's mission is to "protect the nature of Massachusetts for people and for wildlife" by building a strong coalition of employees, volunteers, and community members. We recognize that the environmental movement and field of conservation have been affected by societal systems that have limited opportunity and access for many people. As a result, Mass Audubon is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We are engaged in an ongoing process of organizational assessment and change, designed to remove barriers and create a workplace where all forms of diversity are recognized and valued.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Mass Audubon is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. Mass Audubon prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to: