Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Restraint System Design Release Engineer. This position requires an experienced professional in restraint system development. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
Speciality in Seatbelts and airbags preferred.
- Be responsible for the design release of all airbags, and/or seatbelts and their integration in the vehicle, from system specification development, sourcing, packaging, drawing release, design validation, sub-system integration to ramp up and manufacturing support
- Work closely with the design studio and interior engineering teams to develop the optimum restraint system packages for occupant protection performance and interior styling
- Manage Tier 1 suppliers for both engineering development and program timing.
- Manage validation plan and tests labs for sub-system integration.
- Function as the main point of contact for all Restraints supplier interfaces.
- Provide expertise on restraint system design to ensure five-star safety ratings for our new vehicles. Work closely with CAE team to provide design inputs and utilize CAE results to optimize the component design
- Support crash tests and vehicle homologation. Make sure parts are supplied with right pedigrees for all crash test vehicles and other vehicle level validation and homologation needs
- Note: Sub-system means the Airbag together with the host component, like PAB and KAB in IP, SAB in seat, CAB in roof rail, etc…
- In-depth knowledge about the design and engineering of airbags and/or seat belts systems, direct experience in automotive OEM or Tier 1 suppliers
- Knowledge of automotive crashworthiness legislation and attributes
- Knowledge of latest technology advancement in the field of passive safety
- Enough CAD skills to package the component models into vehicle models, check interfaces with the rest of the vehicle and make small modifications if necessary. The ideal candidate should possess enough CAD skills to design small brackets, fixtures, etc.
- Engineering fundamentals in problem-solving
- Experience in program management
- Experience in testing (crash, airbag deployment, seats, IP and/or upper trims)
- Knowledge of CAE analysis and restraint system integration and optimization
- The ability to articulate highly technical issues to audiences not in the crash safety field, such as top management, design studio, purchasing team, etc.
- Excellent people skills to manage suppliers, push the envelope to develop optimal technical solutions, ensure timely delivery of all components
- High ethics
- Bachelor’s degree and above in Mechanical Engineering or other related fields
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
Michigan - $96,000 - $137,500
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.