Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking Senior Exterior Trim Engineer. This position requires an experienced professional with a responsibility for designing and developing parts of the exterior systems of a world class vehicle in terms of both styling and function. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Lead or play a leading role in the packaging, engineering design, release and launch of exterior trims of a state-of-the-art car
- Create cutting edge exterior systems focusing on quality, reliability, functionality, mass and cost efficiency
- Work interactively within a cross functional studio and vehicle engineering team, placing priority upon the greater benefit of the vehicle above any one individual system
- Employ and develop world class engineering tools and an innovative approach to support the systems generation
- 5+ years of experience in vehicle exterior trim design & development This includes design related experience with at least some of the following areas:
- o Fascias
- o Side valences
- o Sill trims
- o Underbody aero shields
- o Wheelhouse liners Spoilers / Appliques
- o "Frunk" / "Froot"
- o Rocker panels
- Proven experience creating complex CAD schemes and models to an excellent standard, preferably using CATIA V5 or V6
- oProven experience with thermoplastic & thermoset resin materials and class A manufacturing technologies (including painting)
- oA good understanding of the range of computational tools available to design engineers
- oLaunch experience
- A flair for creative engineering and 3D problem solving
- Five or more years of experience with plastics design, Class A surfaces, front crash, aero features, lighting integration, module integration, tooling, resins, supply base, fit and finish, gap and flush, module concept, thermal expansion, structural design, paint (matching).
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an integral part of a very capable team
- Well-developed team working and interpersonal skills
- A great work ethic
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or relevant engineering discipline
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
Michigan: $96,000 - $137,500
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.