Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
As a Sr. Engineer in Chassis Controls & Electronics, you will design, build, calibrate and validate the systems responsible for Chassis and Vehicle Dynamics control. You will work closely with teams across the engineering group to develop world-class traction control, stability control, torque vectoring, and other vehicle dynamics-shaping functions from concept to production.
**A strong desire to create state-of-the-art engineering products as an integral part of a very capable team**
- Develop the requirements and specifications for traction control, stability control, torque vectoring, braking, steering and suspension control systems from initial concept to SOP with excellence and great detail
- Work with Vehicle Controls, Motor Controls, Chassis Electronics and Vehicle Dynamics teams to build, test and calibrate prototype controllers in virtual, HiL and vehicle environments
- Create, execute and document system design validation plans to include virtual, HiL and vehicle-based activity
- Work closely with stakeholders and attribute owners across the company (Vehicle Dynamics, NVH, Vehicle Controls, Motor Controls, Platform Software)
- Work with multiple complex projects in a demanding environment
- Travel domestically and internationally as required
- 5+ years of automotive experience
- Experience with Vector tools (CANape, CANalyzer, CDMStudio, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Vehicle Dynamics theory
- Proven delivery of world-class vehicle performance
- Hands-on practical experience in prototype development
- Some familiarity (not necessarily world-leading knowledge) with software development (Matlab/Python/CAPL scripting, C++, model based)
- Ability to read and work with electrical schematics, with sound understanding of electrical communication principles
- Excellent problem-solving ability, with an ability to use fundamental principles and data-driven action
- Desire for continual learning
- Driven-vehicle attributes development experience is a plus
- BS/BEng or MS/MEng in a relevant Engineering/Physics/Mathematics discipline, or equivalent experience
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
Michigan - $96,000-137,500 per year
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.