Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
As a Senior Engineer for Air Suspension in Chassis Mechanical, you will help develop air spring and air supply components in production vehicles.
- Design and develop air suspension components from initial concept to production
- Establish requirements for components based desired vehicle attributes
- Design with excellence at system and component level, with great attention to every detail
- Complete component DFMEAs and DVPs, and contribute to system failure mode analyses
- Work closely with both internal teams and externals suppliers, using creativity and teamwork to integrate multiple systems in the most efficient way possible
- Coordinate virtual engineering and physical validation testing activities for your designs
- Manage multiple complex projects in a demanding environment
- Propose the air spring technology roadmap for future vehicles
- 5+ years of automotive industry experience, mostly focused on air spring design
- Candidates with 2+ years of experience may be considered at the Engineer level
- Personally designed damper components from concept to production
- Proven 3D CAD skills
- Hands-on practical experience in prototype assembly
- Experience in technology, system and supplier selection
- Project leadership and mentoring skills
- Design release engineering experience, including engineering change management and project management experience
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 20% if needed
- 10+ years of automotive industry experience
- Experience and proficiency with CATIA V5/V6
- Knowledge of vehicle dynamics principles
- Knowledge of NVH principles
- Ability to run CAE analysis tools
- Driven-vehicle attributes development experience
- Experience and understanding of automotive mechatronics design and control theory
- BS/BEng or MS/MEng, or equivalent experience, in Mechanical Engineering
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
Michigan - $96,000-137,500 per year
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.