Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. We constantly seek talented, motivated individuals possessing a proven track record of excellence to join our team. Become part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive and mobility industry.
Due to significant growth, we are currently seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer for the Supplier Quality Team. Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Our Supplier Quality team enables the industrialization of innovative products in an extremely aggressive timeline. In this highly visible role, the Supplier Quality Engineer works together with Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing and our suppliers to develop ways to deliver challenging designs while at the same time not sacrificing manufacturing requirements for quality.
You must be able to guide upfront design development as well as roll up your sleeves with suppliers to create new manufacturing methods and control strategies to achieve ambitious specifications and ensure a flawless execution during launch. You must have strong supplier Industrialization experience in Asia. Bilingual English & Mandarin is a must.
- Have cradle to grave supplier quality responsibility that will enable transitioning R&D products transition to production (Supplier Industrialization)
- Develop, manage and improve the APQP (advanced product quality planning) process with suppliers from the initial design stage through PPAP submission and the start of mass production
- Work cross-functional to collaborate and guide Engineering development to select appropriate suppliers with the right qualifications to meet Lucid's expectations and timeline
- Be responsible for coordinating all supplier industrialization activities between the DRE and GSM including delivering design documents, creating build schedules, and monitoring progress
- Lead design review and ensure manufacturing needs are considered in the design phase and that proper quality expectations are defined
- Work with suppliers on all design technical elements and create new manufacturing techniques if necessary to meet design requirements
- Be responsible for Driving and Tracking all internal ECRs and Change Management activities
- Be able to work independently and make decisions in the best interest of Lucid and its business
- Develop quality plans, design test methods and gages, identify potential failure modes and process weaknesses and drive preventative actions
- Work cross-functional with Plant level Manufacturing, Incoming Quality, Material Planning and SQEs to ensure supplier quality issues are contained and Lucid plants are protected
- Investigate supplier quality issues to determine root cause, identify and implement corrective actions, drive long-term preventative actions
- Perform supplier audits and site inspections; develop process improvement plans and drive implementation; monitor and maintain performance metrics
- Support system assembly build, define incoming parts inspections procedure as needed, track build issues and drive suppliers for containment actions and long-term actions
- Have the ability to travel 25-75% on average on a short term or long term basis to Lucid Motors and supplier sites globally on a short notice
- 5+ years of High-volume manufacturing and assembly plant experience supporting Exterior sealing systems, Door mechanism and Exterior component suppliers (AAR, Appearance, Class-A surfaces) in a Supplier Quality, Quality Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering role
- Hands-on supplier industrialization, SQE, APQP and PPAP experience
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and drawings and in-depth knowledge of quality standards and specifications in the area of placement
- Excellent analytical abilities, technical writing ability, and comprehensive understanding of quality toolbox (IATF 16949, SPC, MSA, FMEA, DOE, GD&T, etc.)
- Certification preferred - American Society for Quality, Six Sigma Black Belt, etc.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, hands-on and data-driven, the creative mindset in problem-solving
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn, be part of the solution and be able to adapt to the dynamic working environment
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of Smartsheets, JMP, Minitab, JIRA and Tableau is a plus.
- BS in Engineering, MS preferred or equivalent experience
- Bilingual English & Mandarin is a must
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.