Master Field Service Technician, Oslo
30+ days ago
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Master Field Technical to join our Field Service Engineering team in Europe. This position requires an experienced professional with a proven track record of reviewing, researching, assessing, managing, and resolving product-related cases in a timely and efficient manner. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with rigor and determination. Problem solving skills are paramount. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Investigate and report all high-priority product quality or product liability allegations concerning Lucid vehicles throughout the product lifecycle
- Collect requested information, recovering of specified parts and conducting on-site “go-and-see” survey activities to investigate quality concerns
- Provide support to Service Center for all escalated Technical Assistance cases and to diagnose increasingly difficult concerns, some which have no known solution
- Support and/or participate in new vehicle launch activities such as go and see activities, expedited reporting, and coordination of rapid part recovery
- Attend courses or other educational activities related to maintaining Master Diagnostic technician ratings and keeping current with new automotive technology and systems
- Provide highly skilled consulting and hands-on diagnostics to service personnel
- Assist with validation of detailed technical instructions, process manuals, parts preparation and field/owner communications
- Support all Lucid Field Quality Assurance activities including Pre-Delivery Corrections (PDCs)
- Work with Corporate Quality, Legal, Regulatory Compliance, Lucid Communications, Customer Relations, etc. to address regulatory and/or market sensitive government inquiries and/or campaign projects
- Help support the development and validation of detailed technical instruction, administrative process manuals, parts preparation and field/owner communications to support Safety Recall instructions
- Provide accurate judgment on repair or replacement which will help field operations minimize buyback cases
- Contribute and promote Lucid quality standards during the preparation for Arbitration hearings to facilitate quick resolution of arbitration, dispute resolution, legal cases etc.
- Provide guidance to Lucid Service personnel to promote proper dialogue with customers if/when the vehicle does not meet the customer quality expectations.
- 8 years automotive experience as an automotive technician, qualified up to Master Technician level
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to establish effective working relationships throughout the Lucid organization
- Excellent communication skills
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Technical writing skills advantageous
- MS Office Suite proficiency
- Ability to travel up to 70%
- HV Certification and EV experience advantageous
- Master Technician Certification or equivalent experience
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.