Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking an Engineer for Powertrain Calibrations. This position requires a professional who will be responsible for the calibration of the vehicle and motor control ECUs. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Calibrate vehicle and motor controls to meet drivability, performance, NVH, and efficiency goals.
- Take a disciplined and data-driven approach to tuning for subjective and objective targets.
- Have a working understanding of vehicle dynamics, control theory, and electric powertrains. Be able to model vehicle or system behavior to develop educated preliminary calibrations before testing on vehicle.
- Travel to test facilities to support other teams with calibration, data acquisition, and analysis.
- Have a good understanding of software structure and development from requirements derivation to software validation.
- Develop and execute test plans to validate calibrations against subjective, objective, and functional safety requirements.
- Experience in chassis controls or drivability calibration, particularly for electric powertrains.
- Strong understanding of control theory.
- Experience with calibration processes and calibration management tools like AVL Creta or Vector CDM.
- Experience in data acquisition and analysis with Vector CANalyzer/CANape or similar.
- Programming proficiency in Matlab, Python, or similar tools for data analysis and model creation.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills based in strong engineering principles.
- Driving experience recommended.
- 2+ years relevant professional experience.
- BS degree in electrical, computer, mechanical or other appropriate engineering discipline.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $108,000-148,500
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.