Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
The Systems Engineer, ADAS Architecture and Functional Safety will take a lead role in defining the hardware and software systems for ADAS and Autonomous Driving.
The Creative Lead for Motion has a unique perspective and a creative sensibility able to translate motion across content types and are responsible for all motion graphics storytelling needs of the company. The Creative Lead for the Motion Team will have the opportunity to guide the strategic message capturing the character of the Lucid brand.
This role is located on-site at Headquarters in Newark, Ca.
- Work with other ADAS teams to define the system architecture to support ADAS and SAE L3 autonomous driving features including sensors, compute, and actuation.
- Define network and power architectures that achieve defined Functional Safety goals.
- Support the ADAS team in the generation of Item Definitions and Boundary Diagrams for ADAS and autonomous driving features.
- Work closely with the Functional Safety team on all stages of the ISO 26262 process
- Be responsible for ADAS Technical Safety Requirements and support other ADAS Systems Engineers in developing TSRs in order to achieve system Functional Safety Goals
- Work with ADAS teams to ensure that all hardware and software designs meet Technical Safety Requirements
- Support the specifications, system requirements, system architecture and communication interfaces and contribute to related validation tests on component and vehicle level, both for internal and external supplier-provided systems
- Facilitate discussions and align Functional Safety goals and requirements with external ADAS supplier teams along with internal Functional Safety and ADAS Systems Engineering teams.
- Contribute to test plans, data analysis and feature validation tests to ensure coverage of Functional Safety Requirements
- Leverage state-of-the-art processes and tools for architecture, requirements and ALM to work in a highly interactive, collaborative environment.
- Bachelors in system engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science
- 8+ years of related experience
- A proven track record of working with hardware/software systems related to ADAS or AD automotive features for mass production.
- Direct experience with the ISO 26262 process, either in a Functional Safety role or in application of the Functional Safety process to automotive systems
- Capability and creativity to successfully complete projects with unconventional ideas in highly constrained, innovative startup environments
- Several years working experience at automotive Tier 1/2 suppliers or OEMs, with a deep understanding of automotive processes and workflows.
- Programming skills and data analysis tool experience related to integration, testing and automation preferred (e.g. Matlab/Simulink, CANoe/CANape/CANalyzer, CAPL scripting, etc.)
- Experience with requirements management tools such as JAMA, DOORS, Polarion or similar
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Master’s degree in system engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science experience
- 6 years related experience or a PhD with 3 years experience
- Direct experience with system architectures in support of SAE level 3, 4 and/or 5 autonomous driving features
- Deep knowledge and experience with ADAS camera systems, including imagers, drivers and ISP
- Experience with other types of ADAS sensors including LiDAR and radar ISO 26262 certification
The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $138,000 - $180,000 per year
Additional Compensation and Benefits:
Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.