Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
The ADAS team is currently seeking a Technical Specialist – Electrical Design. This position requires an experienced professional with a background in automotive ECU electronics architecture, design and analysis with a track record of successfully bringing new automotive ADAS and AD hardware systems into production.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection.
- A self-starter who leads the architecture, design of Lucid’s computing platform hardware from electronics and electrical aspects
- Be responsible for the design of the computing platform hardware from capture schematic, oversee PCB layout, board bring-up, debug, design verification test, signal timing and signal integrity qualification, thermal and Environment relate test, EMC/EMI test, manufacture support and the production deployment.
- Drive the concept design, prototyping, engineering, testing, manufacture, release and launch of a cutting-edge compute platform and related ECUs for Autonomous Driving and ADAS features while meeting cost, efficiency, reliability, and safety goals.
- Work with cross functional teams to design, verify, and bring up the ADAS domain controller.
- Support validation teams to complete bench and vehicle level durability, electromagnetic compatibility, etc. for regulatory compliance
- Ensure hardware performance is achieved successfully when integrated on bench and in vehicle.
- Troubleshoot and root cause, document, and drive to issue resolution.
- Participate in design review and xFMEA meetings to ensure lessons learned and best practices are incorporated.
- Lead rapid prototype system development in an efficient manner to show proof of concept.
- Contribute to the timely delivery of fully validated, high-quality products.
- Work closely with other teams to ensure good communication to achieve a seamless and robust vehicle implementation.
- Work closely with manufacturing/suppliers to ensure bring up success and diagnostics tools are developed for production deployment and service.
- Drive best practices within the team and deploy world class tools, invent and create new technologies and solutions.
- Bachelors in the areas of electrical engineer, automotive engineer, robotics, computer science, or computer engineer
- 8years related experience
- 7+ years in hardware design and development experience.
- 3+ years of experience in using Linux shell and script.
- 3+ years of experience in ADAS and/or Autonomous Driving systems and demonstrated track record of technical excellence.
- Proven track record of bringing automotive computing platform electronics design into production.
- Extensive knowledge in EE fundamentals and project experience developing reliable and efficient critical electronics hardware board.
- Proficient in using schematics capture tool, PCB tool, SI/PI simulation tool for Board level design.
- Proficient in using oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer to analysis high-speed signal, power circuit and to debug board issues.
- Deep knowledge and design experience in complex SoC, DDR memory (up to LPDDR5), UFS, eMMC, Ethernet Switch, PHY, I2C, SPI, CAN, MIPI, GMSL, switching power regulator, etc.
- BOM release, and oversee PCB layout, and experience in PCB DFM, DFx for PCB Fab/build in manufacture.
- Experience in generating EDVT test plans that covers design requirements and has experience in executing the test plan.
- Experience supporting product manufacture during DV/PV/SOP phase.
- Deep experience in troubleshooting skills by using hardware tool, software tool.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with mechanical, electrical, firmware, embedded software, platform team, program management, and manufacturing teams.
- Masters in the areas of electrical engineer, automotive engineer, robotics, computer science, or computer engineer
- 6 years related experience
- Previous experience with ADAS customer functions and/or HMI/Infotainment systems at a Tier-1 or OEM
- Knowledge/understanding high speed PCB layout, SI and PI simulation tool.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience at Linux BSP driver, e.g u-boot, boot load, kernel, root filesystem
- Knowledge of applicable safety standards including ISO26262
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $150,000 - $195,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.