Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
- Act as the interface between Powertrain Engineering and Vehicle Programs. Maintains schedules and ensure alignment between powertrain product roadmaps and vehicle programs.
- Lead the engineering integration process for HV powertrain products, bringing together a cross-functional engineering team including battery systems, mechanical & electrical hardware, embedded software, prototype build, test & validation and manufacturing engineering
- Responsible for budget, timing, accomplishment of performance targets, Powertrain vehicle integration and quality to ensure the projects in scope
- Develop and maintain the product development timeline and resource requirements
- Drive the engineering activities at the Powertrain integration level in accordance with the development timeline, including requirements definition, supplier selection, design release, prototyping, engineering testing, process development, DV & PV testing, Powertrain integration validation, APQP, etc.
- Drive key decisions (technical, project timing, supplier decisions, change management, etc.) that impact system delivery
- Take ownership and drive resolution of any blockers to successful delivery of the product, including:
- Technical issues during development or series production - work with responsible engineers to define and drive actions to resolve, monitor and report status to management teams
- Organizational issues - identify gaps in resources, processes or roles/responsibilities and escalate appropriately with management teams
- Manufacturing issues that require engineering support – respond to requests for support and escalate appropriately with manufacturing teams and engineering teams to resolve
- Communicate key technical decisions and issues to executive management
- Ensure technical risks and issues having clear path to resolution
- Chair the technical change review meeting to establish the best balanced (product and process) solution within the program scope
- Confirm component and system designs and verification/validation testing are completed with efficient use of resources to reduce lead time and development costs
- Own the powertrain bill-of-materials delivered to vehicle general assembly
- Develop and maintain the powertrain roadmap (including variants, product improvements, supplier changes, etc) and impacts on technical specifications, validation testing, manufacturing, cost, etc.
- Define and implement new processes to enable more efficient delivery of engineering projects
- Fosters strong cross-functional partnerships and can effectively prioritize workload demands to meet project deadlines
- Ownership mindset. Takes ownership of problems and drives them to resolution.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong understanding and experience of automotive engineering product development, from concept to series production
- Strong technical understanding of the fundamentals of high voltage powertrain systems and architectures
- Systems approach to engineering product development, including demonstrated ability to bring together teams from different engineering disciplines
- Experience building, developing, and managing highly effective program management tools and processes.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with ability to work in a high-pace highly complex cross-functional environment.
- Excellent organization and delegation skills with ability to own the product roadmap and schedule with a track record of delivering projects on-time.
- Ability to inspire confidence to the executive members as well as the engineering project teams.
- Ability to quickly comprehend complex problems and effectively facilitate the team to a decision and coordinate the action plan.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with ability to drive decisions using data and metrics
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Goal-oriented self-starter and motivator
- Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering field (Master’s degree preferred)
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $115,000 - $165,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.