Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Systems Specialist, Vehicle Access Control Solutions. The ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. This principal role needs extensive expertise and experience in automotive system ,communications and software integration and verifications. Candidates shall demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, possess the ability to adapt quickly, and strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
**Onsite at our Newark, CA office**
- Lead the hands-on integration testing of the access control systems with the rest of the vehicle systems and be responsible for the access control system technical deliveries.
- Candidate should have extensive experience in profiling the automotive communications timing and debugging, using standard automotive protocol analysis tools including CAN communications analyzers (vector tools).
- Drive cross-functional teams to consolidate detailed requirements and architecture specifications for the next-generation access control systems and solutions spanning Near Field Communications (NFC), Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), and Ultra Wideband (UWB) technologies.
- Formulate high-level design specifications that form a baseline for detailed system and software design and verification testing. The primary customers are software development and verification engineers.
- Closely collaborate with the Development, Verification, Integration, and Service engineers to establish product excellence; the teams span internal and external teams, including suppliers and partners.
- Author Connectivity RFPs, RFQs, and SoWs and evaluate suppliers.
- Ensure complete requirements and architecture traceability and compliance with industry standards.
- Collaborate with extended teams, including Controls, Security, Infotainment, and UX, to realize the overall project objectives on time and within budget.
- Formulate balanced solutions for unstructured, complex problems with multi-dimensional constraints, e.g., performance (throughput, latency), power consumption, CPU bandwidth, network bandwidth, complexity, extensibility, security, and safety.
- Approach challenges/problems laterally across the systems and domains and vertically drill down to subsystems and elements involved and reconcile gaps and contradictions.
- Diligently follow through, follow up on commitments, and proactively unblock the issues; avoid negative surprises.
- Bachelor’s degree in the following area; Computer Science, Computer Engineer, Computer Architect
- 8+ years of related experience
- The ideal candidate shall have at least 8 years or more of proven industry experience in the roles of architects and technical product management in the connectivity and automotive technologies spanning a combination of areas such as BLE, NFC, UWB, Unified Diagnostics Services, Diagnostics over IP, and vehicle network architecture.
- Experience in using CAN Trace Analysis tools
- Strong foundations in software systems design of networking and embedded areas covering the complete software development life cycle.
- Prior experience in systems software programming using C and C++.
- Experience using requirement management systems like JAMA, JIRA, Confluence, or similar tools.
- Experience with vehicle-to-cloud connectivity solutions, including MQTT and cloud infrastructure.
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineer or equivalent degrees with a software development concentration
- 6+ years related experience
- Expertise in the following areas is a plus.
- Standards & Frameworks - Digital Keys and Apple Car Keys
- Automotive industry with premier OEMs or Tier-1s is a plus
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $150,000 - $195,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.