Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our team and help us build the next generation of software products. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of Java, Spring Boot, micro-services architecture, web application development, REST API development, MySQL DB or Oracle DB, and advanced skills in data structures and algorithms. The candidate will also have experience leading projects end to end and driving productization of the solutions.
- Lead projects end to end, including:
- Working with product managers to define project goals and requirements
- Developing and implementing project plans
- Tracking project progress and managing risks
- Communicating project status to stakeholders
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards
- Drive productization of the solutions, including:
- Working with product managers to define the product roadmap
- Developing and implementing product strategies
- Working with engineers to design, develop, and test products
- Monitoring product performance and making improvements as needed
- Mentor and train junior engineers
- Stay up to date on the latest technologies and trends
- Work with other engineers to build and maintain our software architecture
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- 8 years related experience
- 5+ years of experience in Java development
- 3+ years of experience with Spring Boot
- 2+ years of experience with micro-services architecture
- 2+ years of experience with web application development
- 2+ years of experience with REST API development
- 1+ years of experience with MySQL DB or Oracle DB
- Advanced skills in data structures and algorithms
- Master's degree in computer science
- 3 years related experience
- Experience with cloud computing platforms
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience with unit testing and code reviews
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $138,000 - $180,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.