Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
The Staff Global Supply Manager supporting Battery manages all company business with a group of suppliers and is the key internal interface with Engineering, Finance, Logistics, Quality and Manufacturing to deliver world class products on time and cost effectively. This person must identify, develop, and manage the Global Supply Chain. They will help establish our global supply chain strategy, support cross-functional teams during the development and industrialization phases and drive sound business decisions throughout the product life cycle.
Staff Global Supply Manager keeps monitoring latest market situation of Lithium-Ion secondary battery cells, raw materials of battery cells, new chemistry and new technology of high-performance battery cells, supply/demand situation, latest governmental regulation to assess fair market price of battery cells.
They will lead RFQ process of battery cell sourcing, by clearly defining preliminary requirements of battery performance, volume, target price, reviewing responses from cell suppliers, arranging executive level conference calls with participating suppliers, preparing supplier score cards with battery engineering for top management to select the right partner.
Once partner cell supplier is selected, establish both commercial and engineering discussions with selected supplier, to complete all of tasks, monitor progress to achieve timely deployment of the cells to Lucid products.
The Staff Global Supply Manager work with Manufacturing Planner to update long term battery cell demand forecast, and short to midterm official battery cell release schedule to support Lucid’s product manufacturing plan.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Supplier Quality to identify potential battery suppliers with the right qualifications to meet Lucid’s expectations and timeline.
- Create battery cell RFQs, review, analyze and clarify quotations from suppliers and develop sound sourcing and business recommendations balancing cost, quality, lead time and technical considerations.
- Thoroughly negotiate favorable contracts including parts pricing, tooling costs and Engineering Services (NRE / EDT), raw material adjustment, liability and warranty.
- Work with suppliers and Engineering to release parts into production and issue POs for Prototype Parts and Prototype/Production Tooling.
- Manage supplier development and tooling timelines, part availability for prototype builds/start of production and develop solutions to delays or problems that arise.
- Maintain overall supplier relationships and act as point of contact for all commercial issues, including internal report-outs summarizing sourcing status, parts availability and cost status.
- Assist manufacturing planner on finalizing monthly firm release schedule.
- Travel 5-15% to visit suppliers to perform business and program reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance or related field with 8 years minimum experience in purchasing, supply chain and/or engineering. Advanced degree or MBA preferred
- Ideally has 3 years of either battery cell sourcing for XEVs or ESS, or high energy battery cell sales, handled contract of minimum 500MWh or 1 million cells per year.
- Open-minded self starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve, as well as work independently on multiple tasks and projects.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Automotive, Electronics or high volume manufacturing background preferred.
- Strong negotiation, written and verbal skills as well as good organizational and program management capabilities.
- Excellent analytical abilities, proficient Excel skills and experience with SAP or other ERP or MRP systems is a plus.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $131,000-187,000 base salary
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.