Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
The ADAS AD team works on Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, and Autonomous Driving technologies. The team is currently seeking (Senior) Manager who can manage overall development and production process/flow of ADAS/AD research, development, integration, validation, and production. The position requires an experienced professional with a track record of successfully bringing innovative automotive ADAS/AD features and products into production.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at multi-tasking, and strive for perfection.
- Lead and manage the ADAS/AD Integration and DevOps team by prioritizing, planning, and assigning tasks while proactively communicating to stakeholders
- The main roles will include but not limited to working closely with the ADAS/AD development team and leading the integration of in-house and supplier SW stacks, test, and validation.
- Set priorities for technical development based on a strategic assessment of risks versus rewards
- Develop, implement, and track standard processes and deployment plans to ensure design quality for affected mechanical and SW components and subsystems
- Establish and maintain team awareness of vehicle activity and affected mechanical and SW deliverables in the LVDP framework, lead conversations through the complete lifecycle of product with in-house development team and third party suppliers
- Drive JIRA ticket issue resolution process, include triage, maintaining open issue list, root cause analysis, countermeasure identification, verification, implementation, etc.
- Continuously improve build breakage avoidance tooling to include mandated code review and pre-qualify new software deliveries
- Define and communicate dependencies between hardware, software, and suppliers with a focus on minimizing these dependencies, identify and track cross team dependencies and handshake points, monitor status, help resolve issues, report, and fill the gaps
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables, including specifications, rapid prototyping, test plans, reliability testing, and engineering validation, production integration
- Assist with managing the department budget for all projects. Work closely with Supply Chain and Finance to track and manage Piece Cost, Tooling Investment, and ED&D imperatives for the affected mechanical and SW functional area for each vehicle program in development.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Engineering, Computer Science
- 8+ years of team managing experience, ideally in development or project management in automotive or technology development field, preferably in ADAS / AD areas
- Very familiar with hardware / software development lifecycle, reliability / validation tools and protocols
- Strong experience in SW system integration, project management; practical familiarity with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and ability to apply them where best suited.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to understand complex technical systems and programs, articulate the information or issue in a simple way, and identify executables/deliverables efficiently
- Comfortable of, and excellent track record of influencing without authority / direct reports
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize with strong time management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate cross team members from different time zone and different background to accomplish goals effectively and efficiently
- Proficient in JIRA, Confluence, SmartSheet, MS Project,etc
- 7+ years of experience working with highly technical teams for OEM, orTier-1, or Autonomous Driving company
- Hardware / Software Product Launch Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the ADAS/AD hardware and software architecture and interfaces
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and applicable (safety) standards for typical ADAS features (e.g. ASPICE, ISO26262, FMVSS, EuroNCAP, TS16949)
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, technical specifications, and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience of supporting hardware integration for manufacturing
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $150,000 - $195,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.