Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
As Sr. Mass Engineer, Vehicle Integration you will be the main mass control point of contact in Vehicle Engineering, where multiple competing interests exist. Using expertise that spans the full breath of mechanical disciplines, you will drive optimal mass into Lucid vehicles across all product lines.
This role is open to all levels of experience. Your exact job level (Engineer, Sr. Engineer, Tech Specialist, etc.) will be defined by the experience and technical ability you have. However, this role and team will be a mixture of different experience levels all working together to make groundbreaking products with amazing innovation.
Perform benchmarking efforts to understand competitive strategies for weight reduction, recommending approaches to system and component owners
- Lead cross functional team(s) in setting system and vehicle mass targets
- Perform analysis of mass to meet system and vehicle requirements
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple competing requirements from various engineering groups as well as cost
- Lead physical verification of weight status
- Collaborate with engineers and mass reduction efforts, using CAD and CAE optimization
- Promote best practices for use of lightweight materials
- Support BOM and Change Control release processes, including signing off of weight changes
- Specify the weight conditions under which regulatory tests will be conducted
5+ years of experience leading mass savings efforts
- Conversant with current and forthcoming vehicle architectures and system technologies and the tradeoffs between cost and weight.
- CAD experience (CATIA preferred)
- Demonstrated ability in developing and designing weight solutions. You must be able to work constructively with design engineers to create weight reduction proposals
- Understanding of the weight requirements in various regulatory tests
- Passion for electric vehicles and energy efficiency
- Motivation, flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with tight timing constraints
- Proven problem solving and communication skills, excellent numeracy and spatial awareness
- Desire a candidate who is assertive, self-motivated and can work with minimal direction
BS or MS Degree required, Mechanical Engineering preferred
Engineering experience with an automotive OEM or supplier
- Working knowledge of multiple automotive systems is preferred
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $115,000 - $165,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.