Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are looking for a Sr. Drive Unit Test and Validation Engineer to join our world-class team. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination.
- Develop and operate Test Automation Systems for Motor Dynamometer and other powertrain test setups.
- Support the execution of tests to meet critical timelines in a very dynamic environment.
- Manage (HALT) Highly Accelerated Life Testing and environmental testing of EV Drive Units.
- Manage the definition and data analysis from performance and durability testing.
- Develop and implement standard practices for maintaining equipment calibration and specifying new test equipment.
- Utilize numerical data analysis tools to interpret test results. Document results and provide reports.
- Work with data acquisition systems and control systems to continually improve in-test data recording.
- Coordinate with design engineers to highlight problems and suggest areas for improvement.
- Develop test plans, procedures, and conduct tests to evaluate if hardware meets acceptance test criteria. Analyze and review data to ensure that hardware is operating as expected.
- Develop novel ways to streamline processes and increase the reliability of testing operations.
- Experience creating and putting into practice statistical models for predicting product life from limited test sample data.
- Experience with Software: LabView, and Matlab/Simulink, Process & Automation tools.
- Basic experience with automotive communication protocols (CAN, LIN).
- Hands-on experience with shop tools and machine building.
- Experience with taking products through development cycle to full volume production including writing and executing DVP & Rs (Design Verification Plan and Reports).
- Track record of getting amazing products to market on time with fantastic innovation.
- 4 years minimum design and/or test experience.
- Design expertise for manufacturing (DFM) and failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA)
- Great communication skills for relaying data (verbal and written) between other employees and customers.
- Experience interpreting CMM results
- Expertise in using Catia V6
- Experience with electric vehicle drivetrains
- Experience with automotive regulatory, environmental, reliability, and safety requirements is a plus. SAE, IEC, ISO, Chinese standards.
- Experience with electric vehicles and/or automotive products a plus.
- Bachelor Degree required in Electrical, Automotive, Computer or Electro-Mechanical Engineering or Physics.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions ,including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $115,000-$165,000/yr
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k.The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.