Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Technical Project Manager/SET Lead for our Restraints and Safety Electronics Engineering (‘RSE’) team.
As Lucid evolve into a multi-product, multi-customer organization there is a need to delegate product/component delivery responsibility to the SET. (Simultaneous Engineering team).
Holding the project & technical leads accountable for successful delivery of each product/component you will be responsible for leading this activity and driving the cross functional teams to that end and deliver a complete bill-of-materials or product.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Work with Restraints and Safety Electronics (‘RSE’) suppliers to manage development timing to meet overall Program Milestones and deliverables.
- Act as a SET (Simultaneous Engineering Team) leader on one program:
- oOversee delivering every aspect of the system/subsystems.
- oResponsible for making sure the full team is aligned on the status of every component/subcomponent that the SET is responsible for.
- oResponsible for the initial creation and maintenance of the planning BOM and submitting changes to the Vehicle Program as the need arises.
- oReviewing the required release schedule and ensuring all actions (releases, material acquisition, tool steel ordering, etc.) in order to meet Vehicle Program Milestones
- oTrack and manage sourcing status, sourced cost and ECR costs vs BOM cost targets are managed by the SET.
- Be responsible for the Planning BOM. During development, the TPM will be responsible of tracking part number maturity, Engineering changes, overall cost walk (Piece price, ED&T, Tooling), etc.
- Support ‘RSE’ engineering team on all activities related to system integration/validation testing.
- Based on engineering validation plan, develop test parts requirement list, oversee parts specification and procurement, manage parts cost and timing.
- Ensure all parts are produced on time, shipped to the right places, and the tests happen on time.
- Interface with other suppliers such as interior systems and seating systems to manage parts procurement for ‘RSE’ sub-system integration tests.
- Ensure all logistics activities related to Engineering are coordinated to deliver a flawless project i.e. Inbound shipments, Finished Vehicle Logistics, Material Flow, Freight, Packaging, Engineering Change, Warehousing, Systems and Trade compliance for Hazmat Material shipments as well as for international shipments.
- Develop comprehensive project plan including project scope, timing, parts ordering, coordinating make-build sub-assemblies ensuring deliverables are attained within timeline, budget and objectives to meet testing timing.
- Proactively identify and manage risks, issues, cross-project dependencies.
- Monitor Warehouse parts picks, confirming correct PNs and Qty are retrieved, properly packed and shipped on time.
- Identify, manage and monitor completion of shipments throughout the project.
- Develop and maintain dashboards, metrics and KPIs to show progress and readiness.
- Manage and track closure of issues to ensure problems are being closed in a timely manner or escalated.
- Document best practices and lessons learned throughout the duration of the program.
- Establish working relationships with representatives from key organizations related to the Engineering projects and participate and represent Engineering in Manufacturing Readiness Reviews.
- Provide input to budget development to ensure that it provides required resources to allow plant to deliver launch targets while optimizing part procurement costs.
- Provide the Engineering Logistics needs, wants and lessons learned into new programs.
- A small amount of travel may be required to support operational teams.
- 8 years or more of related automotive industry experience and LEAN manufacturing
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, effective project planning in terms of resources, strategies, cost, and time with ability to meet project timelines.
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office applications.
- 4+ years of experience in Project Management.
- Experience in using project management tools.
- Strong ethics and diligence
- A history of working independently with limited oversight or input.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success in working across organizations at all levels. Influence without authority.
- 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $138,000 - $198,000Additional Compensation and Benefits:
Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.