Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Lucid’s Body Structures and Closures Engineering Teams are looking for a Sr. Technical Project Manager to drive deliverables within aggressive timelines. You must be able to lead projects by creating effective project management strategies to achieve ambitious objectives while demonstrating superior relationship building, communication skills, and a positive attitude.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at multi-tasking.
- Lead and execute diverse projects for the body structures and closures engineering teams to create a unique product or result and drive positive change & business value creation.
- Represent our closures team in program meetings and build events.
- Gather high-level information and elaborate into detailed plans for our team.
- Develop and maintain product development timeline and resource requirements.
- Drive the engineering activities at the body structures and closures product level in accordance with the development timeline, including requirements definition, supplier selection, design release, prototyping, engineering testing, process development, DV & PV testing, APQP, etc.
- Chair disciplined project meetings to communicate detailed plans, understand critical path, follow-up on assigned tasks, and monitor progress on project objectives such as design deliverables that go into build events.
- Drive key decisions (technical, project timing, supplier decisions, change management, etc.) that impact system delivery.
- Take ownership and drive resolution of any blockers to successful delivery of the product, including:
- Technical issues during development or series production - work with responsible engineers to define and drive actions to resolve, monitor and report status to management teams.
- Supplier issues - monitor and escalate appropriately with supply chain and engineering teams to resolve.
- Organizational issues - identify gaps in resources, processes or roles/responsibilities and escalate appropriately with management teams.
- Manufacturing issues that require engineering support – respond to requests for support and escalate appropriately with manufacturing teams and engineering teams to resolve.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, supply chain, new product introduction, manufacturing, and quality teams.
- Be responsible for driving and tracking all program and product change management activities.
- Contribute to the body structures and closures technology roadmap (including variants, product improvements, supplier changes, etc.) and impacts on technical specifications, validation testing, manufacturing, cost, etc.
- Define and implement new processes to enable more efficient delivery of engineering projects.
- Travel up to 25% of the time to Lucid Motors manufacturing or other locations.
- Experience in automotive engineering product management, from concept to series production is desired.
- Experience driving multiple projects in fast-paced environments.
- Experience with body structures and closures components is desired.
- Experience creating and interpreting Gantt charts in MS Project, Smartsheet, or similar software.
- Goal-oriented self-starter and self-motivated.
- Familiarity with Jira is a plus.
- Ability to simplify ambiguity, prioritize tasks, execute in stressful circumstances, and drive decisions.
- Rigorous, detail-oriented problem solving with a willingness to get hands-on where needed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Detail oriented personality with a determined problem-solving attitude using an Engineering first principle approach.
- “A good PM fights to deliver” - Exceptional sense of ownership; you are expected to anchor on our mission and take accountability for our own and others’ actions unrestrained by role boundaries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent from ABET accredited institution or equivalent project management work experience.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $138,000 -$198,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.