Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Technical Project Leader for Vehicle Engineering. This position requires an experienced professional with a responsibility for ensuring that the Vehicle Engineering team delivers its project commitments and technical innovations on time and to quality. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
Drive CAD-completeness activity to project management (PDP) milestones.
- Track engineering fidelity (eg. CAD quality checker, fullfilment to feature and technical requirements, maturity flags, etc)
- Find gaps in engineering fidelity and drive to resolution.
- Report weekly technical escalation slide for Vehicle Engineering alongside VP.
- Input technical agenda ideas for Engineering Exec Meeting, and work with the Engineering team to prepare presentations incl. material.
- Deputize for VP in program and technical meetings.
- Maintain list of escalation-level technical issues in flight.
- Lead cross-functional technology projects.
- Lead cross-program technology projects.
- Manage benchmarking vehicle requests and activities, special test drives and demos.
- Keep a detailed list of closed, active and pending projects, for proper resource allocation and planning and tracking of deliveries.
- Write team roles and RASICs for program activities.
- Create technical training list and rotate through team.
- Be accountable for Module (ML) and Simultaneous Engineering (SE) team working in Vehicle Engineering.
- Author Vehicle Engineering team roles and RASICs.
- Run 'first line' ML Leader meetings.
- Maintain list of ML and SE team participants.
- Identify gaps in ML and SE composition and behaviors and correct.
- Arrange ML and SE team training.
- Ensure close alignment and efficient collaboration with embedded Engineering Project Managers (EPMs).
- Define consistent documentation, escalation processes, status report methods, and backup material templates.
- Prepare and report PDP milestone status for all program events.
- Track DFMEA status and drive to completion.
- Track PPAP status and drive to completion.
- Organize E/E buck (aka Labcar) to completion.
- Track design quality (AAR) status and drive to completion.
- Make sure that team have ordered test parts.
- Track engineering decisions matrix until design convergence.
- Proven experience (10+ years) in automotive engineering.
- Strong knowledge of cross-functional development of vehicle programs.
- Excellent project management and team leadership skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities and a results-oriented mindset.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- A track record of successful product launches and project management.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
Bay Area Range - $165,000 - $236,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.