Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Sr. Technical Program Manager
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. We constantly seek talented, motivated individuals possessing a proven track record of excellence to join our team. Become part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive and mobility industry.
We are currently seeking a leader and driver for our Program Management Organization. This position requires an experienced professional with a strong technical background and excellent communication skills who is comfortable communicating complex issues at all levels of the organization. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate is a leader of large cross functional teams who has the ability to work within complex programs, drive execution on schedule, and be responsible for clear communication of status and issues at all levels.
- Drive the vehicle product development process in close collaboration with the lead vehicle program manager, the leadership team, industrial design, engineering and supply chain
- Drive the definition, execution and changes of product features and report progress in weekly program reviews
- Ensure accurate and complete capture of performance and other product goals, appropriate requirements decomposition, architecture definition, test plan definition, and successful test and validation to the requirements both functional and nonfunctional.
- Support readiness for mass production and service phases of the lifecycle
- Define and implement best in class processes and procedures
- Proactively identify key risks and quality issues, prioritize, identify mitigations, and drive to closure
7+ years of industry experience, automotive preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Program Management or Product development
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills
- Energetic and willing to learn and take on new challenges
- Familiarity with systems engineering and project management principles
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Advanced experience with project management tools such as Jira, Confluence and Smartsheets
- Exceptionally self-motivated with ability to work in a team and collaborative environment
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Ability to travel as needed
- Master’s degree in engineering
Bachelor's degree in engineering (mechanical, electrical engineering, or related field)
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $96,000-$192,000 per year
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.