Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. We constantly seek talented, motivated individuals possessing a proven track record of excellence to join our team. Become part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive and mobility industry.
We are currently seeking a Technical Program Manager for our Infotainment team. This program management position requires a highly experienced professional Program Manager with a proven track record of managing complex cross-functional software programs, preferably in the Automotive Industry. The candidate will be an accomplished program manager, with a strong organizational capability and ability to command respect from the talented teams he or she will help lead and coordinate. Ideally, this candidate will have proactive communication, so each individual team member remains aware of the timing and delivery expectations placed upon them and that critical issues are identified and brought to the attention of senior management with gauged advance notice.
To lead and manage to an excellent standard through hands-on example
- Create and play a leading role in the execution of an overall timing plan for the Infotainment System and related functions
- Facilitate daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint review, and sprint retrospective
- Manage the engineering development projects and facilitate product releases
- Interact with and coordinate work between Infotainment hardware and software teams, design UX teams, and other company entities requiring inputs/outputs from Infotainment
- To define main work packages for Infotainment and related functions
- Drive team sprint execution, communicate with management and stakeholders, protect the team from uncontrolled injection of work (changes are evaluated/intentional)
- Ensure adherence to Functional Safety requirements
- Facilitate architecture documentation
- Thrives in lean, dynamic environments with competing priorities and leads the team in identifying the right priorities and focus
- Define and communicate dependencies between hardware, software, and suppliers with a focus on minimizing these dependencies.
- Communicate program status to overall software organization, other program managers and executives as required
- Work with resource managers and technical leads to define the level of effort, resource requirements and summary timing plans
- Plan and manage sprints and releases in conjunction with resource managers and technical leads
A minimum of 5 years of experience program/project managing large systems development programs
- A minimum of 8 years in consumer-facing electronics development including hardware and software
- A proven track record of delivering products to production
- Experience using Agile/Scrum/Sprint methodology including sprint planning and execution
- Experience bringing integrated software/hardware products from the early development phase to production
- Embedded system development experience
- Experience with best software practices for development
- Experience with development in Android and Linux environments
- Experience working directly with design/UX teams and in UX/UI development
- Experience engaging, working and managing the output of third-party suppliers
Experience in developing automotive infotainment systems
- Experience with infotainment and instrument cluster development
- Exposure to OS/systems development, backend development, mobile application development, and hybrid (cloud/embedded) development
- Experience with test and build aspects of software development
- Experience in Apple and Android certification processes
BS minimum in an engineering discipline (computer science, electrical engineering or similar)
- PMP certification preferred
- Automotive-SPICE certification preferred
Be part of something amazing:
Come work alongside some of the best and most accomplished minds in the industry. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, California, Lucid Motors is making significant breakthroughs in clean technology.
Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for the brilliant minds who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you want to actively work towards creating a better, sustainable future, we’d love to have you join our team!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic
origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital
status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $138,000 - $198,000Additional Compensation and Benefits:
Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.