Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
As Lucid evolves into a multi-product, multi-customer organization, there is a need to delegate product/component delivery responsibility to the SET (Simultaneous Engineering Team) to ensure optimum cross-functional workflow.
We seek a skilled SET (Simultaneous Engineering Team) Leader for the Exterior Trim team. You will work with a team of talented engineers to support the Exterior Trim development efforts at Lucid. You will be managing multiple scheduling activities for simultaneous projects. You will leverage your expertise in managing automotive trim commodities, working closely with a lean team of the best automotive engineers.
You will be responsible and the leader of the successful delivery of each product/component in Exterior Trim content by holding the project & technical leads accountable for the progress. You will drive the cross-functional teams to that end and deliver a complete bill-of-materials or product.
You will be interfacing with cross-functional SET teams such as BIW, Closures, Interior Trim, Vehicle Attributes, CAE, Packaging, Aerodynamics, Design, Craftsmanship, Supply-chain and Testing/Vehicle safety.
- Chair the Exterior Trim SET meetings and identify the key responsibilities for the next steps, including the track the open tasks to the closure.
- Create and maintain detailed Gantt charts of multiple design projects.
- Track progress and encourage teamwork to hit each milestone on time.
- Interface with the test department and Exterior Trim suppliers to keep the validation program on time for the start of vehicle production along with BOM management.
- Utilize Jira to communicate engineering tasks and progress.
- Utilize Confluence to publish critical information.
- Provide regular progress updates to management and the executive staff.
- Lead design release and engineering change requests through the Lucid ECR system
- Provide technical guidance to solve engineering challenges with Exterior mechanical systems.
- Proactively work with other teams and partners to solve launch challenges and maintain positive stakeholder relationships.
- Occasional trips to the manufacturing plant in Arizona to support build activities.
- Present to Executive staff when required.
- 8+ years of work experience and knowledge of Exterior trim systems
- Basic Knowledge and experience with CAD programs
- Experience with Atlassian Jira and Confluence or similar
- Proven experience in leading cross functional issue resolution
- PMP certification preferred.
- CATIA experience is desirable.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to draw decisions using data and metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $138,000 - $198,000Additional Compensation and Benefits:
Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.