Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
This management position requires a highly experienced professional Program Manager with a proven track record of excellence and managerial achievement. The candidate will have experience in the development and production of electronic hardware for embedded systems. They must have a comprehensive understanding of relevant technology, the related development cycle and the basics of platform software/firmware. This candidate will have proactive communication, so each individual team member remains aware of the timing and delivery expectations placed upon them and that critical issues are identified and brought to the attention of senior management with gauged advance notice.
- Lead and manage to an excellent standard through hands-on example
- Program manage the development of a diverse array of low voltage, microprocessor, mixed signal, ethernet/CAN/LIN and high power electronic devices for automotive applications.
- Define the work packages and develop the master timing plan including key dependencies (software, DVP&R, End Of Line Testing, mechanical packaging, etc.)
- Interact with and coordinate work between application software, platform software / firmware, integration, test and validation teams, system engineers/architects and other company entities that interface with the electronic products.
- Track and manage the backlog of key actions and risks that enable the development process.
- Interact closely with all necessary enterprise domains, from engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, sales/marketing, finance and others.
- Facilitate product and functional/technical safety requirement and test case documentation, as well as architecture documentation
- Play a primary role in outsourcing activities including RFP and SOW development, coordination of technical and performance evaluation, negotiation of commercial and technical terms (in support of supply chain) and the management of outsourced development activities.
- Work closely with your counterpart who manages the hardware DVP&R, manufacturing and vehicle build activities related to low voltage electronic hardware.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience program/project managing electronic systems / product development programs, using task-list based team synchronization. Ability to hold team sync-ups that deliver measured project status instantaneously. Jira, Asana, Azure DevOps, Monday, etc.
- A minimum of 8 years in embedded systems/electronics development including hardware and software.
- A proven track record of bringing integrated software/hardware products from the early development phase to production.
- Experience engaging, working and managing the output of third-party suppliers
- Experience with best practices and tools for development of electronic products
- A strong ability to discern between lower and higher priorities
- Learn very quickly with an aptitude for technical subjects
- Ability to move easily between tactical and strategic perspectives
- Experience in developing automotive (in-vehicle) electronics including use of V-cycle systems development model
- Exposure to vehicle integration and test processes
- Experience with test and build aspects of software development
- BS minimum in an engineering discipline (computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or similar)
- PMP certification preferred
The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
SF Bay Area Salary Range: $138,000 - $198,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits:
Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid's equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive
awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.