Sr. Switch Engineer, Interior Components and Systems
Newark, CA, United States
12 days ago
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking an Sr. Switch Engineer, Interior Components and Systems. This position requires an experienced professional with a responsibility for the design and development of the Interior Switch components of a world-class vehicle in terms of both styling and function.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Design and develop electromechanical commodities for interior trim. Integrate and package world-class displays, haptic switches and sensors in the interior cabin environment.
- Be directly responsible for end to end success of the product from concept though production.
- Define product requirements and specifications and develop test plans to ensure product robustness.
- Release designs to suppliers and kick off tooling to meet project milestones.
- Coordinate with design studio and engineering teams across various domains like mechanical, electrical, controls, integration, user experience, durability, craftsmanship and ergonomics.
- Manage suppliers, work with engineering services and contract manufacturers to develop designs that achieve high-quality customer satisfaction that aligns with Lucid’s design DNA.
- Support mass production ramp-up and participate in resolving field issues.
- 5+ years of experience in design and development of electromechanical products with mechanical and electrical interfaces having highly quality cosmetic requirements for a premium in-cabin user experience.
- Experience in defining haptics, conducting focus group assessments and dictating tactile user experience conversations with cross-functional teams in an automotive environment.
- Experience in integrating mechanical, electrical and software aspects of product into vehicle architecture with good understanding of first principles of engineering in the areas of mechanics, electronics, and material selection.
- Working knowledge of sensor selection and integration, connector selection, wiring harness and control systems.
- Experience in defining performance requirements such as resolution, accuracy, noise, durability, etc. and preparing validation plans.
- Understanding of LIN and CAN protocols and ability to define high level system architecture for implementing user interaction models into signal deliverables.
- Experience in 3D CAD modeling, GD&T and engineering drawing releases using PLM systems
- Working knowledge of SMT and PCB fabrication in mass production environment.
- Technical expertise in manufacturing technologies like injection molding, stamping, casting, extrusion etc.
- Knowledge of vehicle Interior Components and Systems and demonstrable track record of technical excellence and program execution
- One full program cycle experience from concept to production launch in automotive Interior Components and Systems a plus
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to achieve success in a fast-paced startup environment
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an integral part of a very capable team
- A practical hands-on approach to complement the theoretical
- Exceptional technical abilities paired with excellent communication skills
- B.S. minimum in mechanical or electrical engineering or similar.
- Masters preferred.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
Bay Area: $115,000 - $165,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.