Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid Motors we are pioneering the future of Autonomous Driving and ADAS technologies. As a leading innovator in the automotive industry, we strive for excellence in every aspect of our work. We are currently seeking a Navigation Technology Expert to join our dynamic team and contribute to the advancement of our cutting-edge projects.
As a Navigation Software Developer/Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in evaluating and integrating sensor technologies to drive the future of autonomous vehicles. We are seeking an experienced professional with a strong background in sensor technologies, sensor integration, and design. Our ideal candidate is passionate about their work, exhibits a can-do attitude, and is driven to achieve technical excellence.
- Collaborate with a world-class Autonomous Driving and ADAS team.
- Develop and integrate navigation applications for state-of-the-art GNSS/IMU solutions.
- Work closely with design and body engineering teams to seamlessly integrate and package sensor components.
- Take ownership of vehicle-level verification, validation, configuration, and tuning of sensor hardware.
- Play a key role in developing Autonomous Driving and ADAS features like Highway Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, and other advanced L2/L3/L4 features.
- Understanding end-of-line calibration requirements and establishing processes to support calibration activities and the manufacturing process.
- Utilize diagnostic tools to troubleshoot and identify problem areas within the Navigation system.
- Thrive in a dynamic environment where innovation and progress happen at a high pace.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of related experience
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C/C++
- Technical expertise in working with GNSS and IMU systems.
- Experience in state estimation and filtering techniques.
- Familiarity with automotive HW packaging and related analysis methods.
- Knowledge of sensor calibration and validation methods.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years related experience or a Ph.D. with 3 years of experience
- Experience defining ADAS system requirements and test cases.
- Familiarity with automotive regulations and functional safety standards (ASPICE, ISO 26262).
- Previous work experience with resource-constrained compute platforms (embedded systems).
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $127,000 - $165,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.