Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Test SW Development Engineer. This position requires an experienced professional to assist Test and Validation Engineers in developing/maintaining firmware and test frameworks for board level functional testing. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- 4+ years of experience in firmware development (C/C++) on ARM based microcontrollers.
- Knowledge of communication protocols and technologies such as SPI, UART, I2C, Ethernet, and USB.
- Experience using compilers and GNU toolchains targeting ARM microcontrollers.
- Experience developing test frameworks using Python or an Object-Oriented Programming language.
- Ability to understand hardware schematics, component datasheets, and be able to distinguish between software and hardware related issues.
- Strong background in software programming languages and be able to work within a cross functional team in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Designing/implementing automated test scripts for executing DVT and Compliance test cases and generating summary reports
- Experience working with automotive communication protocols such as LIN and CAN/CAN-FD a plus
- Experience using oscilloscopes, power supplies and PCAN/PLIN USB adapters a plus.
- Experience working with PSoC Creator IDE as a development and debugging environment a plus
- Knowledge of software architectures utilized in an automotive ECU such as AUTOSAR a plus
- Knowledge of Labview a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $127,000-$181,500
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.