Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are seeking talented Sr. Software Development Engineer in Automation Framework Software development to play a vital role in ensuring Lucid’s vehicles meet Lucid’ rigorous standards. As a key member of our team, you will leverage your passion for software development with an eye toward quality to develop a robust core test automation framework. You will be part of a team responsible for providing multiple software and quality assurance teams across Lucid with a common test execution framework running 24/7 handling thousands if not 10s of thousands of tests a day. And a team responsible for providing vehicle software engineers results and insights that detect defects early and prevent escapes into production.
This role is located on-site at Headquarters in Newark, Ca.
- Contribute to the development of cutting-edge software that utilizes skills in distributed systems, asynchronous execution, and automation.
- Develop easy-to-use and easy-to-scale provide-cloud of hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) test setups for use by quality assurance engineers (QAEs), developers and testers.
- Develop monitoring and alerting systems to address urgent issues quickly and maintain a reliable and stable test platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless HWIL testing, including setup, configuration, and communication interfaces.,
- Demonstrate expertise in device testing, including flashing of devices, serial interfaces, ethernet
- Bachelors in computer science, computer engineering or software development
- 5 years related experience; or an advanced degree without experience.
- Experience working with device testing and test automation frameworks.
- Familiarity with Linux operating system
- Experience with lab setup and design, with a focus on scalability
- Maters in computer science, computer engineering.
- Experience with micro-devices, Arduino or such.
- Experience working with distributed systems or testing.
- Exposure to on-call environments and surge support during urgent situations.
- Background in engineering support for developers, testers and QAEs.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $127,000 - $165,000 / year
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.