Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
As Senior Product Designer, you will be responsible for prototyping, designing, and delivering next-level, luxurious, user-centric, interactive experiences for Lucid’s connected electric vehicles, both on in-car interfaces and the Lucid mobile app.
You will work in close collaboration with a diverse UX/UI team that includes UX researchers, motion designers, as well as interior and exterior designers, product managers, hardware engineers, software developers, and other stakeholders. This cohesive team works in sync to define and deliver the best user experience along the entire user journey, starting with reservation.
A sneak peek of what the UX/UI team is working on: https://youtu.be/51HfU2c7ZMc
You have an eye for detail and are passionate about creating innovative features and solving complex design problems for electric vehicles. Your designs will directly influence the work of your Lucid colleagues and the lives of Lucid users around the world.
- Work closely with product teams to develop use cases and high-level system requirements
- Own every aspect of product design, including creating user flows, wireframes, and pixel-perfect UI, as well as prototyping to effectively communicate all interactions and design ideas
- Collaborate with UX researchers to gather consumer data, validate concepts, benchmark, test prototypes, and apply findings to your designs
- Partner with software teams to build experiences by providing design specifications, creating assets, and reviewing finished interfaces
- Work alongside and mentor junior designers on your team
- 3+ years of experience designing, creating, and advocating for world-class, user-focused experiences for HMI, mobile, web, TV, or other digital devices
- An excellent portfolio highlighting multiple projects that demonstrate your experience crafting delightful digital interfaces
- Mastery of standard design tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe Suite, etc.) and any other tools that help you be an effective, collaborative designer
- Proficiency in standard prototyping tools (ProtoPie, Framer, Principle, etc.) to communicate your initial design ideas as tangible prototypes
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written, verbal, presentation), and collaboration skills
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $104,000 - $143,000 per year
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.